Wednesday 6 May 2009

Rippling with joy

Ok, this is going to sound really pathetic, but I just completed my first six rows of a practice rippling crochet square! I have managed a granny square blanket in the past, but have always shied away from anything more adventurous, and a wavy ripply blanket is definitely way more adventurous. A couple of days ago I came across the totally excellent Attic24 blog, and thanks to Lucy's absolutely wonderful and incredibly detailed instructions I am now able to ripple!

Here you go, I know I know, its small, all of six rows, and, well, not terribly impressive, but IT RIPPLES!


What on earth have I let myself in for now? I can't just stop at this little practice piece, I'll have to make something slightly more ambitious, lol, perhaps I could try a cushion? In colours to match my granny square lanky? Great, just great, as if I didn't have enough to do already.

Now, watch this space, because........................ JJ is gonna post a pic of her efforts in a bit as well, and of course her being who she is, I am sure it won't be just a piddly little piece like my pathetic effort, lol.

1 comment:

Ticking stripes said...

Its very impressive - I tried to follow the same pattern and ended up with lots of spare stitches - I'll have to try again now! Its obviously me!