Wednesday 2 May 2012

White Wednesday, Tag and Inchie

I do love White Wednesday, even though I don't get to post too often. But this week, it just so happens that my tag for the Tag Tuesday challenge kind of fits in with the White Wednesday party as well.

The Tag Tuesday challenge this week was SEWING. The background is a copy of an old Coats sewing thread advertisement. The top is a bit of a paper measuring tape ( you used to get them in the diy shop to help you measuring your stuff if you had come without one ). La Mode and the lady's head are from an antique French magazine. At the bottom is a label from an old cotton reel, a bit of antique French lace, a few mother of pearl buttons and some linen sewing thread made into  little bow. The tiny little heart in the stamped I heart sewing is a piece of French ticking fabric. What else? ah yes, a little "hand made " dingledangle and thats it.





And because the tag is all lovely and creamy white and beige, I am linking this part of the post to the wonderful White Wednesday linky party at the Faded Charm blog.

This week's Every Inchie Monday challenge was TWIG. I stamped the inchie background with various green inks to simulate little leaves, picked a tiny twig from the hedge outside the craftavan and cut out the tiniest bird I could find in my little stash of images -




The inchie looked really sweet displayed on the blossom I brought in the other day, so I left it there for a while.

While I was in crafting mode, nice and cosy in the craftavan while the rain hammered down on it, I also made a little card. But I will show you that one tomorrow. Until then, toodlepip xxx

7 comments:

trisha too said...

Very sweet tag, but I do like a good inchie--what a great, teeny-tiny piece of art!

:)

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, what a beautiful photo and display, of your wonderful inchie in the blossoms-it just belongs there.
And your lovely ATC -oh how beautiful,Liz- I love it, with the buttons and the label-and bow- and love the image ,what a beauty .
I`m so happy, we can connect now from France,too :-)
HUGS AND XX
Dorthe

Rhonda said...

What a delightful WW post, Liz.
That is one beautiful tag!!

Hope you have a fabulous week.

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful, I adore all things sewing.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What a lovely tag and inchie,dear Liz.Happy WW.
Hugs,
Marie

Catje said...

Beautiful tag!

Robin said...

Your tag is absolutely stunning Liz! And that inchie, is beautiful too. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin