Thursday 31 May 2012

White Lace, White Flowers, White Wednesday


You would think that the view from our cottage would be pretty much the same every day. Not so. Every morning brings a different picture. This morning, for example, there were quite thick clouds below us, hanging over the valley -


The white clouds reminded me that I hadn't yet done a WHITE WEDNESDAY post, and the beautiful scent of the mock orange by the gate, drifting on the gentle breeze, made me choose those delicious little blossoms for the post -



And then I thought, what about all those beautiful white wild flowers growing along the path in front of our cottage? So I toddled off with our doggies in tow, and collected a few more white flowers -




And then I had another thought ( my husband keeps warning me about thinking, lol ), why not put white flowers and white lace together? I grabbed a few pieces bought at the last vide greniers I went to -



This is a gorgeous antique French nightdress, with the most delicate and fine hand stitched broderie anglaise -


I am linking this post to WHITE WEDNESDAY No. 154 over at the FADED CHARM COTTAGE. Check out all the other beautiful white posts!
Toodlepip xxx

9 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Liz
It doesn't get a whole lot better than the fragrance of Mock Orange along side
a stack of white lace, doilies and night dresses. So dreamingly beautiful!
I'd love to see that view on a clear day too!
Is that little French cottage bulging yet with all your new brocante finds???
because if it is I know just the place they could live (hehehe!).
Wishing you a clearview day sweet friend,
Suzy

WinnibriggsHouse said...

How lucky you are with such a view! Stunning as is your little collage. Dreaming of beautiful French holidays sitting here looking at the rain trickling down the windows! Sigh!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Liz that is one beautiful White Wednesday post. Those flowers just took my breath away and can't even imagine seeing your view every morning. Such beauty -enjoy every minute of it.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend
hugs Lynn

Dorthe said...

Hi dear friend!
How I love your beautiful white bouquet Liz, so lovely with both flowers and weeds in the same vase,-it is stunning.And it certainly does not make it" worse" with all the gorgeous laces you have buntled up with them....you had luck finding that gown, so beautifully embroidered,what a piece of beauty.
Your sky is absolutely facinating ,do you ever feel you could walk onto the clouds, when staying in the same hight as you does?
Hugs and kisses- Dorthe

Rhonda said...

Really? That is your view? OMG I'm speechless...sigh.

Love your WW post, it's beautiful.

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful! The white bouquet-the view from the table-just lovely!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Liz,
I love your white wild flower bouquet and that lace is 2die4!!!

Love the view from your cottage.

hugs
Sissie

Angela Richardson said...

Hello Liz,
What a beautiful combination of flowers, I can just smell the Elderflower so lovely at this time od year. The whites of the flowers and laces are so pretty with the summer greens in the view.
A delightful post.
Angela.x

Alexandra said...

Toller Strauß und wunderschöne Bilder liebe Liz!