Monday 7 May 2012

I got mail !!!

We never get much in the way of mail here at the cottage, so when I see the yellow " La Poste "  car slowly reversing up our little path, I get very excited. I got even more excited when I saw that this time he was bringing me a large envelope from the States! From? OMG, from my so very talented bloggy friend Lynn Stevens!!! You gals all know her blog, I am sure, the Trash to Treasure Art blog is always full of the most gorgeous crafted treasures.


Is there anything better than opening a totally unexpected surprise gift from a friend? Sure can't think of anything straight away, lol. Well, granddaughter hugs and doggie kisses are pretty darned good, too, but you know what I mean, don't ya?


Anyway, here are the pics of the wonderful gifts I received from this amazing woman. Oh, that black velvet bag was tempting me to open it straight away, but I guessed it had something very special inside, so I opened the other little package first.



 Look at this gorgeous ATC, isn't it just the perfect ATC for a woman staying in France? ( I almost wrote girl, lol, but thats just kidding myself, tehehe )




Wrapped in the music paper were some great bits of ephemera for me to craft with -

And then, finally, I allowed myself to open the black velvet bag.


Ooooooooh my goodness.


All I wanted to do was grab that woman and give her the biggest hug, she sent me one of her beautiful mixed media necklaces!







Isn't that the most gorgeous necklace you have seen? I am so delighted with it, I want to wear it all the time. But, being the sensible  ( yeah right ) person that I am, ahem, I have decided that its probably not such a good idea to wear it when I am trying to dig a veggie patch in the field. Muddy trousers, wellies and dirt stained t-shirt are not quite the right background for this exquisite piece of jewellery.


I had intended to post some pics of recent brocante finds, but this was much much more important, the brocante pics can wait.


Lynn, thank you so very much for such a wonderful and totally unexpected gift. You can probably tell that I love it.


Tomorrow I should really post the inchie and tag challenges for this week. Yikes, haven't made them yet, I had better get a move on, hadn't I?


Toodlepip xxx





9 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amazing gifts, Liz. I know seeing that postman was so exciting! Adore your blog header.

Dorthe said...

Liz ,OH my friend, what a gorgeous packet you recieved, the necklace is truly stunning, and so very special, -Lynn is a wonderful artist- I love her beautiful Marie Antoinette-type ATC very much, also.
I can imagine you being soo happily exited to see all this, sweetness.
And you deserves a little exitement in all that rain!Maybe there will be a little something more to come, lol-
Hugs and smiles to you dear friend.xx -Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Liz
Go on, indulge yourself and wear it,even with your wellies - this is stunning!!! Can you see all of us drooling over our computers?!
Lynn is such a generous soul, she is the loveliest of women.
Look at those fab bits 'n' pieces and that gorgeous ATC.
Wishes
Lynne

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What fun..and you show the excitement well! The contents are all stunning. I love the ATC sparkle and all, but the necklace is a wonderful design and will be a great treasure. Enjoy!! and thanks for sharing.

Yitte said...

Must be fun to see the postman when you are not expecting something. The necklace is so beautiful. A real treasure. Lucky girl!

Hugs Yvonne

Queenie Believe said...

Oh my, what beautiful treasure!!! Enjoy!!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Liz,
What a beautiful surprise from Lynn!
FYI, I just posted this month's swap,
Stop by to check it out.
enJOY a lovely week,
Kimberly

Joy said...

What a lovely surprise. Lucky girl you. xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Liz, I'm so happy you like your little gift! You are such a generous soul and wanted to let you know how much your Loved!
I'll send you a p.m
hugs Lynn