Sunday 27 May 2012

Paris Pink

What could possibly be better than PINK? Something PINK from PARIS, of course! We went to a big brocante this morning, and once again, it was quite fabulous. I wont tell you any details today, because this is a PINK SATURDAY post, but lets just say I almost ran out of money and filled three shopping bags. But back to PINK  stuff. 


This gorgeously pink thing is a pot de lavement. It used to hang on a wall and had a little rubber seal, which could fold back over the spout, and a little tap as well. These days people love to use them as plant pot holders, or to hold sprigs of dried lavender or dried herbs, kitchen utensils, all kinds of things. I could keep craft supplies in there, rulers, scissors etc.


Ah, this delicious PINK! Isn't it absolutely delightful? Just a little gold trim ( of course, lol, I mean, it IS Parisien after all ), it really is quite an elegant looking piece. Just imagine it in your home, filled with your own sweet somethings -










I am linking this post to the fabulous How Sweet the Sound blog, where Beverly is celebrating PINK SATURDAY's 4th birthday. Isn't that amazing?  HAPPY FOURTH BIRTHDAY!!!


Thats all for today, my dear friends, I am exausted. I tell ya, haggling at French brocantes is very hard work! But also a great laugh, I seem to have a good laugh with most of the people I buy from, bless them. AND, I did some more digging this afternoon as well, my neck and back are sore, and I need a rest, lol. More brocante pics tomorrow, promise!


Toodlepip xxx

8 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh you dear one, I`m so happy for you, that you at last can fill your bags with wonderful finds from the brocante, Liz, --and OH this is sweet- even the cause it was used for, was less lovely,lol-

We just had a salat in the garden, and a few glasses of wine ,overviewing the Baltis Sea, it is so wonderful here today :)
I hope you also have relaxed a bit after all the findings, tehehe...
Hugs and xx-Dorthe

Salma said...

also die franzosen schaffen es sogar, nen einlaufbehälter traumhaft schön aussehen zu lassen *lol*

ich hab auch mal so ein teil gekauft, aber in weiß und damals noch ohne zu wissen, was das denn war ;) als ich es dann wusste, war es mir irgendwie nicht mehr sooooo sympathisch *haha*

einen schönen abend noch und liebe grüße
salma

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS! 4th Year!

I totally see it on a wall!


Gabriela

LV said...

I enjoyed visiting and seeing your neat pinks.

suziqu's thread works said...

Well what another amazing brocante purchase! Liz this is beautiful! I have never seen one of these.
Hope the haggling doesn't get to you too much!
Look after that back and hope you had a long lovely soak in the bath!
Jug love from here,
Suzy

Barbara Jean said...

amazing piece. so fun!!

blessings
barb

Rhonda said...

We all live vicariously through your brocante stories...do tell us more!

How adorable your pink pitcher is.
I love the photo with the wire tray and bright pink flowers....gorgeous!

Now, go rest!

Annesphamily said...

HPS! Love the pink pitcher! What a terrific blog you have here! Enjoy your week! Thanks for the share.