Tuesday 7 May 2013

A right Royal...... turtle??

Yes, I am afraid it is that time of the week again, lol, inchie and tag challenge day!

The inchie prompt for this week's Every Inchie Monday challenge was TURTLE. Having brought up three boys, I suppose it was inevitable that the first thing I thought of was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. How I wish I had thought of something else, lol, because drawing really isn't my strength, as you can see from this inchie -



Poor thing, this is definitely a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with a severe toothache, just look at that swollen cheek.

Best get on to something else very quickly, lol.

We are up to the letter R this week over at the Tag Tuesday blog. It is a right ROYAL occasion for me this week. The story behind the tag? -

 Queen Tianna Silverflower and King Kellen Hailleaf are finally presenting their baby daughter Shealee Mothshimmer to their loyal subjects. Oh, if you could see the festivities in the woods........ Here she is, the sweet little darling, the ROYAL fairy princess -








I coloured the image of the cute baby with Promarkers, added her pretty fairy wings, and gave her a crown of vintage Swarovski trim. She is sitting on a big plump cushion of pink crushed velvet ( left over from the cuff project ), edged with a vintage trim, which matches quite nicely. I just added a few leaves and of course the words and that was it, a Right Royal Occasion properly commemorated.

We are having lovely sunny weather at the moment, and I have been to a couple of brocantes again, so I have loads of new little treasures to photograph today. Yesterday I had to spend in the garden and the craftavan, but today is piccie day. So expect some long posts in the next few days........

Until then, toodlepip xxx

4 comments:

morkaren said...

Sikken en lille dejlig "feprinsses" du har fremstillet, og din Ninja med tandbyld er da fin. knus morkaren.

Sophie said...

Meine Güte, wie zuckersüß.
Das ist ja sowas von bezaubernd, mir fehlen weitere Worte...

Herzliche Grüße
es regnet endlich ein paar Tropfen...
Sophie

Dorthe said...

I love your story about Queen Tianna Silverflower and King Kellen Hailleaf and the baby Shealee Mothshimmer dear Liz, she is such a lovely baby, and the tag is amazing with the wonderful materials you have used!Beautiful,-your inch is so funny, and I think you are right about the poor fellow, and his toothache ,lol.
I am so nosy about your finds, I know they are gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Dorthe

Mom E. said...

Liz, love the inchie! And the tag is so sweet and cute as well! I found some of those lovely leaves you used on this tag! The ones on the right that are on a roll. So pretty. The letter "R"?????Already?????REALLY??????? Oh, dear, I am really behind! you do realize I only did an "L"
Tag...I wonder if there is any significance in that....probably NOT! LOL
Hearts,
Betsy