Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sad Wednesday

What a sad day. Kathleen over at the Faded Charm blog announced today that this will be the last ever White Wednesday. I didn't post all that often, but always thoroughly enjoyed looking at the wonderful links. I found some beautiful blogs through the White Wednesday linky party. So, a big thank you to Kathleen for hosting this gorgeous event for such a long time. This is White Wednesday No. 171.

I chose a beautiful old wedding tiara for this last WW post. I think it dates to the 1940s, but I am not sure. If you can date it, please let me know.










You can find many more White Wednesday posts on Kathleen's Faded Charm blog.

Toodlepip xxx


9 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love the model's expression! Pretty tiara though.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful WW post,Liz.I'm sorry too that this is the last one.
Hugs,
Marie

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, what a special tiara, and the photo with the model, made me think of Grace Kelley -not that she looks like her, --but there is something !!!
You are so lucky to own such a gorgeous tiara from back then.
Thankyou for your beautiful and last WW post.
xx, Dorthe

Pat C. said...

What a lovely post, Liz. The tiara is beautiful; the stand-up ruffled ribbon is quite unusual.

xoxo

Rhonda said...

I was so sad when I read her post last night...Wednesdays will never be the same. :(

So, Liz, who is your friend wearing the beautiful tiara? I had to ask!
xo Rhonda

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That's a beautiful piece, my dear Liz! I haven't seen anything similar before.
I admire all the ladies who put up a link party every week. It's a shame that this is the last White Wednesday but I guess it's a lot of pressure, especially after such a long time.
Have a great day :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Vicki Boster said...

Beautiful photos Liz-- that tiers is exquisite. I bet it was a flea market find---
Vicki

Marrianna said...

Love the tiara, Liz. You take great photos and your artwork is great. FYI, I have saved the icon for your blog on my new iPad so I can get to you quick. And thanks for your comments on my blog.

The Porcelain Rose said...

LOVE the tiara!! I collect these as well. I've shared several on my blog. I'd say you are accurate in dating it to the 1930's or 40's.
I will miss White Wednesday's as well.
Thanks for sharing such a lovely piece.
Best,
Elizabeth