Friday 21 September 2012

Madonna and Child collage

I have been been making religious tags this week to go with customers' purchases, and while I was at it, I also started making a series of wall hangings. This is the first one I have finished. I used a small canvas board and added a beautiful image of the Madonna and Child and surrounded it with lovely vintage French lace. the hanger is a piece of vintage chain, and I added a vintage French religious medal at the bottom of the collage -








14 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely gorgeous,Liz!Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Martina said...

What a gorgeous fabric collage, dear Liz! Love your creation. Beautifully created!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, Liz, so soft and lovely! Valerie

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning in every way Liz!!!
hugs Lynn

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really beautiful Liz!

Bente said...

Sooo beautiful

Pat C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat C. said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous, Liz... I love every single detail!♥

xoxo

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Liz I would expect nothing less than this beautiful creation with all of the most beautiful religious images, medals and stunning vintage laces you have at your finger tips.
Just gorgeous - what can I say?
Sending zumba hugs from here this morning sweet friend,
Suzy xx

Createology said...

Lovely, serene and ethereal. Your collage is a breathe of beauty. Blessings...

Rozen van papier said...

Beautiful with the lace, so pretty.

Have a nice weekend, sunny?

Love Janny
Roses pour Toujours

Unknown said...

I like this very much :-)

bumble button said...

For some reason I am drawn to images of the Madonna. Love what you have done with all the lace around her.I have been thinking of doing a post with that theme. Maybe as it gets closer to Christmas. Love your blog and am having fun catching up!

Robin said...

This is a beautiful piece Liz!

Hugs,
Robin