Wednesday 12 September 2012

Halloween Swap

Just a very quick post, as I am soooo busy at the moment.  I was very late in putting my name down for Kimberly's September swap, I had somehow missed the original post. So the first thing I had to make after we got back, was the set of Halloween tags for the swap. Lol, oh the frustration! I know that Halloween is way more popular in the States, but I thought that I would at least be able to get some Halloween themed papers, stickers etc locally without resorting to the internet. Nope. Nada. Silch. And there was no time to order off the internet.

I didn't even have any plain orange paper, but I did have some scrunched up orange tissue paper an Etsy purchase had been wrapped in ( tehehe, thank goodness that I save just about everything ). I glued it to some paper so that I could run it through the printer. I used Glossy Accents on some of the  cut out images, like the cat and the skull, tinted the little witch green, and used some black lace and orange ribbons.  I also made a little orange bead dangle for each tag. I was surprised that I managed to find a few orange bits and pieces in my stashes, even though orange really isn't a favourite colour of mine.

I made five, only very slightly different tags -







If you are in the States, you still have time to enter the swap on Kimberly's blog. Tags are due Oct. 1, 2012.

Toodlepip xxx

15 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Your tags are awesome Liz! I'm actually starting mine tonight. Cross my fingers!

A garden just outside Venice said...

Just boo-tiful!!!
xxx

Dorthe said...

Liz, they are gorgeous, so much Halloweenish,- even you had your difficulties finding materials, you did GREAT -I love them-and the ghostly maiden-uhuuu , so spookie, dear.
Dorthe,
xx

Alexandra said...

Ich habe ja eigentlich nichts gegen Spinnen aber die hier sieht richtig grusslig aus meine Liebe *hat Entenpelle*
Deine Tags sind klasse geworden Liz !!!
*knuddel*
Alexandra

Judys Lace Creations said...

Love these tags!

Createology said...

Your tags are wonderful and I do hope I receive one of yours in the swap. I have yet to make mine and this weekend is my deadline for myself. I adore Kimberly's swaps. A true crafter saves everything...one never knows when it will be needed. :o)
Halloween Haunting Dear...

suziqu's thread works said...

It amazes me Liz how you always come up with just the right ingredients to create whatever theme is required.
These sure are fun tags for Halloween and I can see a few excited gals when they receive them.
Sending distant hugs!
x Suzy

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

BOOtiful Liz!
No one would ever guess that you struggled to find materials, they are awesome. So happy to have you swap!
enJOY a sweet week,
Kimberly

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous, Liz! Love all the details on these tags! Beautiful colors and a perfect image! Awesome!

Happy September,
Gaby

JoAnne said...

Great tags Liz!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
your tags came out spooktacular.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Well Liz for you not having Halloween things over there you sure came up with some great tags!!! I'm doing the tag swap too. who knows maybe we will get one of each others.

P.s. now I know what to send you in the future, Halloween treats! LOL
hugs Lynn

Sophie said...

Hi, lange war ich nicht mehr bei dir.
Und ich muss sagen, ich bin wieder begeistert von all den schönen Dingen, die ich hier sehe.
Herrliche Halloween-Tags und traumhafte Karten.

Liebe Grüße

Jane said...

Oh, what fun! Love seeing how you made these gorgeous tags! I was so happy to receive one in the swap!
Enjoying going through your blog too!
Happy Autumn,
Jane

Sabrina said...

I received your tag!!! There's so much to see in this one small tag, you really brought some great elements together. Thank you so much for taking so much time, it's lovely for my tag collection!