Saturday 22 September 2012

Princettia, errmmm......

I saw a big display of pot plants in our local supermarket the other day. Pink poinsettias? Oh no, nothing so mundane, lol, these apparently are PRINCETTIAS. Never heard of them before, but I love that gorgeous pink!!! I really couldn't leave the supermarket without taking one home with me -





Found these gorgeously pink buttons in France in the summer -

These buttons are the most delicious, fabulous salmon pink, also found in France -

I am joining all the other lovers of PINK over at the How Sweet the Sound blog for this week's PINK SATURDAY getogether.

Toodlepip xxx

PS - I still think they are just pink poinsettias, lol

10 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I saw some of those in Morrisons recently and noticed that they weren't called Poinsettias but the look just the same to me but less Christmassy and lovelier for that. Love your pink theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Whatever those flowers are called- they are lovely! Valerie

LV said...

I agree with you on what they are. The store thought they would fool everyone into thinking they were something new to sale.

PetraB said...

Lovely flowers and delicious buttons.

Pat C. said...

Yepperoo, the Princettia is a line of four shades of pink poinsettias. A product of Suntory breeders, it made its "debut" in 2009.

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/article/21584/suntorys-new-poinsettia-collection

To quote Shakespeare's Juliet:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;"

(Not that poinsettias smell sweet, but you know what I mean!)

xoxo

Lyn said...

lots of pink gorgeousness!
xxx

Anonymous said...

every pink you've shared is perfect! I love visiting all the pink saturday links. Hope you'll drop by to visit with me as well.





ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

Shane Pollard said...

Aren't they fabulous I would have bought them too - such a delicious pink!
The Princess of Pointsettias no less!

love your gorgeous pink buttons - I bought a few when I was in France too!

Wishing you a fun week
xox
Shane

Dorthe said...

YES I agree- they are pink poinsettias :-) but so lovely, --I actually don`t like the red ones very much....wrong red-LOL-
but this and the white ones are beautiful. And your tag rests wonderfully against the sweet pink flowers.
Have a nice evening ,dear Liz.
xxx,Dorthe

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- what a gorgeous flower!!! I'm with you though-- I think it's a poinsettia impersonating as a summer flower- lol!

Oh those beautiful buttons!!! What a gorgeous find!!
Vicki