Saturday 27 July 2013

Our Beautiful World - DETAIL

The word prompt for this week over at the Our Beautiful World is DETAIL. What a theme! Everywhere I looked, I saw little details, inside the cottage, outside the cottage. What to pick? I don't have a macro lens so I was a little limited in the kind of details I could go for, but here are some details I snapped -

The beautiful original gilding on my favourite vintage Lloyd Loom chair -

Just a couple of tiny sparkles caught on the uneven surface of a granite block in the cottage wall, can you see them? -

One lone silver dollar (at least that is what we call these thingies on this plant)-

Moss growing on the bark of a tree stump in the garden -

Knot in a wooden beam above one of the outer doors in the cottage -

Inside the flower of a trailing begonia in the garden -

The cracks in a log beside the front door -

And last but definitely not least, the most beautiful detail, my Hector's eyes -


If you look closely at the first picture, you can see my reflection in his eye.

And now I have to chose one photo to link to the Our Beautiful World blog, which one, which one, which one???  Please tell me which one you would chose.

Have a wonderful weekend wherever you may be.

Toodlepip xxx

13 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Liz they are all fantastic but still can't decide between the wooden knot in the beam above one of the outer doors to the cottage and Hector's eye (reflecting you!) and surrounding hair.
Have a beautiful sunny weekend,
Sending summer hugs dear friend,
Suzy

Ros Crawford said...

Every single one of these shots is fabulous!! Of course you could link them all! You are a great photographer and certainly have an eye for detail ... sorry no pun intended!
Thanks ever so much for sharing these at Our Beautiful World ... I don't think I could choose just one ...

morkaren said...

Skønne nærfoto, jeg elsker nok Hektors øje medst, for for dig er han dit dyr, men for ham er du hele hans tilværelse. dine "silver dollar" heder i Danmark "Judas penge" og den gule blomst er helt vidunderlig. knus morkaren.

Unknown said...

Oh wow I would settle for ALL of them!!! Fantastic work with all those details. I certainly can't pick a favorite they are all so lovely!

Karen B. said...

Hi Liz Luv,
I love all of your photos but I am with Suzy on this one. The top photo of Hektor's eye is the one I would pick ... it just is the right one!!
Many hugs and much love,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Rhonda said...

Liz, you amaze me, these are all so beautiful. I would have to say, Hector's eye really took my breath away. I am such an animal lover, I truly believe dogs have such good souls.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I don't blame you, I can't pick one either, they are all fabulous details, through your lens of course, you are an amazing photographer Liz, thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Beautiful World, it is always have to see you here! : )

AppleApricot Wen said...

Goodness, Liz, these are awesome great shots!! And you're not even using macro... wow. The eye is amazing and I love those bark, moss and wood photos. And the silver "dollar"...
Thanks for sharing these beauties with us at OBW! Hugs and happy Sunday, Wendy

Shahrul Niza said...

WOWW!. I enjoyed all your beautiful shots here, my favorite will be Hector's eye! :). Oh, I LOVE the pink granite too, the shiny white specs you see is what we geologist called, muscovite ( mica). Thanks for sharing them with us @ Our Beautiful World!.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful details! I enjoyed looking at all of your photos. The inside of the flower is gorgeous and the cracks in the log look like a star fish. And your sweet Hector's eyes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki Boster said...

How to choose???? They are all magnificent. I love the mossy tree-- I pick that one--- but all the images are amazing!
Vicki

Catje said...

They are all beautiful, but the wooden knot appealed to me the most :)

Catje

Alexandra said...

Das sind diese Blicke denen man nicht widerstehen kann :)