Friday 5 July 2013

French Fleamarket Finds

We may be living in the middle of nowhere here in France, but on the weekends, there are still a number of brocantes within an hour's drive of us. An hour there, an hour back, and a couple of hours for wombling and serious haggling is all we can do, otherwise the dogs at home start climbing the walls, lol. And the result of that is not pretty, believe me ;-). So we pick one, max two if they are close together and off we go.

I am way behind with showing you the brocante finds, because taking pics is always dependent on the weather, can't take photos if its raining. So without further ado, here are pics of SOME of the finds from recent haggling adventures-



















I think this stuff was from 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I had better show you some of the things from last Sunday's Brocantes. A lot of these things will find their way into my Etsy shop, but I'll post about that on the vintageland blog when I got the French postal system sorted ;-).

There was a little evening vide greniers not too far from us last night, and I found a stack of gorgeous red striped vintage towels, yay! I might just sneak those into tomorrow's post although its not their turn yet, but they are so totally French, they have to be shown.

For now I wish you all a happy Friday, toodlepip xxx


8 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

I can't decide which I like best as they are lovely finds. The little frame with the decorative gold edge is rather special.

My Creative House said...

WOW Liz you have found some really fantastic treasures it may be interesting to visit these markets, I see a English program, Put Your Money In Your Mouth and these antique dealers are sometimes shopping at a French market, love all you bought, but especially your tin box the image is so beautiful.Have a lovely day.
Hugs Anni

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Great finds, dear Liz! I especially love the glass buttons and the grayish blue ones on the card as well as the masher. Vintage kitchen utensils are so charming, aren't they?
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lovely finds.
Hopefully you'll have some great weather on the weekend and more occasions for treasure hunts.
xxoo,
Julia

Sarah said...

Oh, what treasures you did find!! I love the food masher, the tin, and those glass buttons.....ahhhhhh.

Alexandra said...

hehe das bist du ja wieder fündig geworden :)
Es ist alles angekommen und so klasse meine Liebe. Ich danke dir.
Hugs
Alexandra

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, so wonderful finds, again ,my sweet!!
I so love the buttons on the cards,-will they be for sale? and that velvet box with metal on is gorgeous!!!I hope your weather is fine, so there will be many more brocantes- near enough for your dogs to stay at home allone for some hours !!
Hugs from me and wisches for a cosy French evening !!
Dorthe, xx

Mom E. said...

Love them all! such fun!
Love the green velvet box. . . just beautiful...
Love the black basket, and the tins...
what are the clear and black glass pieces, they are beautiful,. . .cannot wait to see the rest!
Hearts,
Betsy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fabulous finds! I love old boxes, don't you? With lots of details! How great to look forward to the weekend and fun like this! Hugs!