Monday 24 October 2011

Nature's Bounty


When my DH took the doggies to the Firehills this morning for their daily run and play, I decided to go with them and pick sloes. Have you ever tasted sloe gin? It is the most delicious liqueur and luckily doesn't taste anything like gin. I don't like gin, don't even like the smell of the stuff, but sloe gin, thats a totally different matter. I'll start it tomorrow, and it will be ready in time for Christmas. Oh, I can't wait to get it going, seeing the beautiful deep rich red colour develop in the big wine making jar over the next couple of months.

I adore the rich purply blue plum colour of the sloes as well, with that gorgeous lighter blue waxy bloom on them. So I got a bit carried away taking some photos after I got them home -







I have also made my inchie for this week's challenge, but not before it got dark, sigh, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to photograph it in daylight.

Toodlepip xxx

5 comments:

Lenet said...

Hmmm sounds very good. I'm going to find out what those berries are called in dutch right away..

Rhonda said...

Liz, your pictures are so wonderful.
I was admiring my little berries on the vine this past weekend. I don't even what my berries are. So sad.

Yours are GORGEOUS. I'd love to hear about the sloe gin process.

What a great post, you make me so happy.

JuanitaTortilla said...

Definitely worth getting carried away with the pictures -- they look great!

Dorthe said...

BEAUTIFUL, dear Liz, such wonderful photoes-they looks so big,your berries--and
CONGRATULATIONS on the Etsy shop- you have been very bussy :)
I wish you lots of succes .
Big hug-Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Liz, can these also be made into jam?

Hugs, Diane