Thursday 30 July 2009

A morning on the beach

It was a beautiful morning yesterday, gorgeous blue skies, warm sunshine, not too much wind, just a nice gentle breeze, and the tide was going out. The dogs were going stir crazy at home, so we took them to the beach. Oh boy, did they go nuts! They raced through the surf at what seemed like 100 miles an hour, chasing each other in turn, Poppy plowing through the waves, and Hector jumping them like a gazelle. Well, more like Tigger actually, lolol, it was quite hilarious to watch, he seemed vertically airborne for such a very long time.

What a difference to when we first got Hector. Poppy had always loved the beach and the water, she is a real waterbaby, but Hector was scared stiff when we took him the first time. He almost bolted when we took him over the pebbles, the noise scared him so much! But we persevered and he got better and better, started dipping his toes into the water, then chasing Poppy through the shallow bits and finally, finally throwing himself in with joyful abandon.

I only had my little ancient camera with me yesterday, so the photos are pretty awful, but I hope they still convey the sheer and utter bliss the doggies experienced on the beach -


Of course, the lovely weather didn't last, it got quite grey in the afternoon, and in the evening it was chucking it down. Still, as long as we have a couple of hours to take the doggies out, I don't mind. Its pretty grey again right now, I just hope the weather improves for the weekend, I have a two-day outdoor event. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please. xx

5 comments:

Floss said...

We are hoping to take Raja to the beach for the first time next week! I hope we can find quite beaches which allow dogs at this time of the year...

I have tagged you on my blog - it's easy and different, and almost impossible to include annoyingly memorable pop songs, although I suppose you'll manage it, sigh...

Lululiz said...

Roflmao, now you know, Floss, don't you, that I am far too shy, shy to even attempt to mention 80s pop songs.

Liz's Knitting said...

What lovely photos!! Nice to see them having such a great time!!!

Amy Friend said...

I am not a dog person, not even a little, but I really like that fifth photograph. It's great! And I do love the beach. I am still trying to figure out if I dare take a trip to the beach with a newborn. I think it would just be too hard....

A Bee In My Bonnet - Leslie Anne said...

What a delight to your babies playing and romping in the surf! I think that is a visual equivalent to hearing a baby laugh! Two ways that show the best things in life are free! Leslie Anne