Wednesday 3 April 2019

Back in France, Hurrah!

YES! Here we are again, back at the cottage, and this time for a few months, until August really, when we go back to the UK for Stefan and Ashley's wedding.

So whats been happening in the UK in between our France trips? Endless medical appointments for me, and a very scary period where we almost lost our darling Poppygirl to the most horrific hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. I restocked Etsy again, and was fairly active on IG, which is so much easier and quicker than blogging, bad me. I also did lots more research into the Bizouard family history. My goodness, what a story. I didn't bring the folder with me, but when I go back to the UK in August, I'll certainly do a long post about what I found out.

In the meantime, here is whats been happening in beautiful France since we got back a couple of weeks ago. The weather until yesterday and today had been absolutely glorious, sunny and warm, but the very strong winds blowing up the hill through our garden were still icy cold, so not much garden work had been done. 

We went out for a couple of lovely meals, one in the bistrot by the lake -



to celebrate our wedding anniversary,

and one with our friend and neighbour Ad at our favourite little local epicerie/viennoiserie/post office/bar/bistrot/pizzaria, where Gil makes the most amazing, delicious pizzas -



This is the Arroux, which flows right through the village a few metres away from the shop.

Went shopping a week ago and found this really gorgeous, enormous quilt which is perfect for the cottage, I think. Well, Hector definitely approves! -




While I have the computer on ( doesn't happen very often at the cottage, lol ), I'll prepare another couple of posts I think. If I don't, I probably won't open the laptop up again for another couple of weeks :-).

For now though, toodlepip xxx

2 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, what a wonderful meal to have for your anniversary , congratulations my friend, and so cosy with your friends , enjoying a lovely pizza .
It looks so beautiful around you, there, and you all surely enjoy it so much .
Have a lovely time there- Hugs from me - xxx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Nice to see you blogging Liz~ And nice to see a few glimpses of you and friends, and Hector! : ) and your beautiful place to live too~ The river and the food all look so inviting! Thanks for sharing your little piece of heaven with us~ Hugs to you, karen o