Thursday 26 April 2012

More photos from the last brocante

I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. It has been raining here in our part of France for so long, there hasn't been a vide grenier/brocante for two weeks! And the outlook for this weekend isn't much better either.


Here are some more pics of bits and pieces which I had found at vide greniers at the beginning of the month -


A beautiful very old sauce boat, made by Sarreguemines -




A very sweet little sequined purse, handmade in about the 1930s, silk lined -


I adore the taupe colour of the sequins, so elegant.


A set of twelve cake forks with, I believe, Bakerlite handles, and a gorgeous Art Deco design on the collars-



A rare and very beautiful old Digoin cafe au lait bowl -




A 19th Century flat iron, which somebody had painted in a delicious shade of blue-


A chauffeuse, the19th century equivalent of our hot water bottles. They were kept in/on the stove or in the bread oven to heat up and would then be placed in bed on cold winter nights to warm the sheets-


A miniature Limoges plate with beautiful gold decoration -



And this tiny little round red box -

 I would have bought it just for the sweet little box itself, but it also had something inside -

This lovely old pendant -


Thats it for today.Toodlepip xxx

15 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a beautiful purse.

Victoria xx

Queenie Believe said...

A wonderful variety of treasure! Enjoy!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Salma said...

da hatte ich wohl mehr glück mit dem wetter ;)

deine "alten" funde können sich aber auch sehen lassen! die sauciere ist wunderschön!

glg
salma

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh my goodness, what fabulous treasures! Love everything, especially the purse and that iron.

Rhonda said...

Your treasures are wonderful, Liz. What is it with that shade of blue that screams FRENCH? I wouldn't even know what shade to call it.

Let me know if you need anything, I'll ship it right to ya!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Liz, it seems were in the same soggy boat. raining here and we are about to set a new record for rainfall. I was so hoping to hit some yard sales tomorrow but I'm sure everything will be cancelled. Heres to warm dry weather soon.
Beautiful things you found earlier in the season. That round box and Christopher...What a fantastic find!
Hugs Lynn

Tina said...

It isn´t too much fun with all that rain is it. The sun is out today up here, but it´s suppose to be today only and then the rain will be back. At least you got your internet connection installed. That´s a god thing. Have a great weekend despite

suziqu's thread works said...

You certainly have found some gorgeous little treasures Liz, hopefully enough to keep you going until the next vide grenier/brocante which may not even be this coming weekend now - weep, weep!
But I have to say that taupe sequened purse is such a little sweetie and that pendant too in the red tiny box - so beautiful!
Hoping the sun shines SOOOOON! dear friend enough to start digging up the ground for planting your vegies !
I'll try and send you some sunshine hugs!
Suzy x

Catje said...

I know how you feel! I have not been to one single flea market this spring! And now the season is almost over! Luckily there's one tomorrow, so I'll go and see if I can find any treasures. Not exactly a french brocante, but might find stuff anyway :) Loved that cafe au lait bowl. I try to collect those when I see them :)

deb said...

You scored big time! What beautiful treasures you were able to find!!
Amazing!
*hugs*deb

Debra said...

Liz, I have been away from the blogs for a while so will spend some time catching up with yours. I see you have internet at the cottage now! I envy you the sales! Great finds.By the way, the wisteria is magnificent!Enjoy your time there.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Liz.
You have shared some wonderful finds!
Hope you are doing well.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Sharon

Dorthe said...

Amazing finds dear Liz, the cake forks are fantastic, and ofcourse I`m totally in love with the red box, and what was inside ! How sweet a pendant.The purse is a great find,too.
How long are you staying there,I lost track of time ,and when yoiu left home?
Week-end hugs, and sun wishes-also here!!!
Love,Dorthe

Vicki Boster said...

Liz- such beautiful treasures! I can only imagine how wonderful the flea markets are over there!! Keep those pictures coming!
Vicki

Mom E. said...

Liz,
I am glad you are having so much fun in France! I think about you and wonder what fun things you are finding! I can't wait to see German things when I get there! Loving my silver items I purchased from you, and I have started getting a few more pieces from the same manufacturer. Thanks for introducing me to it!
Au revoir!
Lanette