Tuesday 27 March 2012

Tag Tuesday Challenge - Easter Eggs

Just this once, I am actually posting my Tag Tuesday tag, well, on a Tuesday! This week's challenge was 'Easter Eggs'. You know I love my bling, and this was THE opportunity to use lots of bling on a Faberge style Easter egg.


I covered a tag in gold foil, cut out an egg shape from thick card and covered that in silver kitchen foil. And then it was time to go a bit OTT with the decorations. I used bits and pieces from a gold coloured doily to simulate gold filigree work on the egg and then added lots of precious jewels. Well, paste gemstones, lol, but almost as good as the rubies, emeralds, aquamarines and diamonds.


So here you have it, my Faberge style Easter egg tag -











DON'T FORGET, TODAY IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY! I'LL BE DRAWING THE WINNER TOMORROW MORNING.

IF YOU HAVEN'T ENTERED YET, YOU CAN DO SO HERE - 


Thats all for today, toodlepip xxx

5 comments:

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous, and real Faberge -like ,dear Liz- I can imagine it hanging in the sun- OH MY....
Happy evening sweet friend- I love we had sun today again!
Hugs,Dorthe

Cheryl said...

Ahh that is right up my street Liz, exactly the right amount of bling!
Hugs
Cxxx

suziqu's thread works said...

Wow Liz this is really very diffent!
It is completely amazing. I have never seen a jewelled tag like this before.
It is really stunning and would look amazing with sun bouncing off it as Dorthe says.
Such a lot of patience required to make this little gem!
Big hugs,
Suzy

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hello Liz, I love the egg!! It's so oriental and beautiful! I've been wandering around your blog today and am in awe of so much beauty! I've already been very inspired by your friends Dorthe and Suzy and through their blogs now by you as well... wow... I'm definitely coming back soon. Have a lovely day, Wendy

Robin said...

This is gorgeous Liz, just like a piece of jewelry!

Hugs,
Robin