Saturday 19 October 2013

Christmas Tag Swap

I know that since getting back from France, I have missed loads of weekly challenge tags over at the Tag Tuesday blog. I didn't feel very crafty at all. But when Carolyn announced the 2013 Christmas Tag Swap, I just couldn't resist it. It was just what I needed to get my creativity going again. This is what I came up with -








I went with a gold and white theme this year. The background is a glittered soft, almost fabricy paper, which I overlaid with some gold netting. I embellished the white braid at the bottom with glass beads and glass pearls rescued from a broken vintage necklace. The sweet little winter angel is standing on snow, which I covered in vintage 'glittering Christmas frost'. I had that little packet since the late 70s, I am sure. A few silver and white stars and snowflakes and that was it really.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is divine with the gold bring such a touch of luxury to the tag.
Wishes
Lynne

morkaren said...

Denne tags "oser" af jule hygge. knus morkaren. god weekend til dig Liz.

May said...

Stunning tag... Love the images & beautiful background.. I too have taken part in the swap Sent mine off now... Have a happy weekend.. Hugs May x x x

Andi's English Attic said...

Beautiful.
Am dismayed at you using 'vintage' and '70's' in the same sentence!

Dorthe said...

SOO beautiful and most lovely christmas tag, -just filled with the cozyness and beauty of christmas ,-the warmth and the glow,- The silvery glitter-and the christmas angel !!
So gorgeous my dear Liz.
xoxo, Dorthe

Judys Lace Creations said...

This is a very pretty tag.

Mom E. said...

Liz,
I love these sweet snow angels that are vintage! Your details are so fun and I love that glass glitter, I want to get me some!
I see your creative juices are overflowing again!
hugs,
Betsy

Shane Pollard said...

This tag is totally ME!!!
I've just joined TT and put up my first tag...
Also joined the Christmas Tag swap - fingers crossed I receive your beautiful tag in my lot!!!
I've always loved that darling image.
Shane x

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Liz you make the most beautiful Christmas tags. I hung yours on my tree last year.
I guess I had better get busy! LOL
Hugs Lynn

Viola said...

Wonderful Christmas tag! So lovely!!

Alexandra said...

Ein zauberhaftes TAG meine Liebe das macht richtig Lust auf X-Mas.