Wednesday 30 October 2013

A bit of cosy snuggly whiteness

Well, perhaps thats getting a bit ahead of myself, lol. I have only just started on another snuggle blanket. When the days get shorter and the temperature drops, I need woolly goodness, I have to find something to crochet or knit. I am a very basic knitter only, and crocheting, well, if its not too complicated, I can do it. But my favourite thing to do is crocheting granny squares. Because they are small, they are quick to complete and thus give you a sense of achievement really quickly. It is so nice to see a stack of squares growing steadily.

I had some odd balls of wool from a charity shop in a soft off white and very light beige and a few other balls I acquired a couple of years ago. So I started making very basic granny squares. I also found some quite thick ( recycled from an Arran sweater? ) wool in a local charity shop and thought I would use that wool as well for plain stripes to alternate with granny square stripes. Haven't gotten that far yet though, but here are the pics of what I have made so far -










Not sure you can tell the slightly different shades in the photos, they are quite subtle.

I am linking this post to Becky's Blissful Whites Wednesday over at her TIMEWASHED blog.

Only a couple more days at the cottage in France, we are going back to the UK on the weekend. It is always hard leaving here, but at least I will be back in my craftroom before long, woohoo!

Toodlepip xxx





10 comments:

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

I love all of the texture in your photos!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That looks cosy indeed, Liz. You've been pretty busy and finished quite a lot of squares already.
Have a lovely afternoon!
Hugs,
Julia

Karen B. said...

Hi Liz Luv,
looks like you are very busy. I can't wait to see how beautiful the finished blanket will be. Do share!
Hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Elizabethd said...

Lovely snuggly colours and textures.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

This is going to be one beautiful throw once finished, Liz. I love the subtle variations in shades.
en-JOY safe travels,
Kimberly

janice15 said...

O my they look so lovely.. I love the off white color... going to be very nice when's it's finished.. with love Janice

Dorthe said...

How beautiful Liz ,I really love those white , cream little wollen granny squares, it will make a most wonderful and warm throw for you .
The photoes are also gorgeous, dear.
Hugs ,Dorfthe

Tanya Rachelle said...

Beautiful post! I love the whites-- just beautiful together. Can't wait to see the finished piece. You have a new follower in me-- found you from Blissful White Wednesdays. p.s. I LOVE your Craftvan! Looking forward to learning more about your place in the UK and France.
~Tanya

Mom E. said...

Liz, I love your squares! the different hues of cream will be wonderful altogether! it will be so cozy!!!
Can't wait to see it finished!
hugs,
Betsy

Shane Pollard said...

It is a snuggly thing to do and your granny squares and balls of wool look gorgeous.

I would love to crochet, little bits and bobs - but i just can't "get it".
I can do the first round and then I get in a total mess - I admit I'm dyslexic when it comes to crochet!

A lovely cosy post Liz
Shane x