Wednesday, 30 October 2013

A bit of cosy snuggly whiteness

Well, perhaps thats getting a bit ahead of myself, lol. I have only just started on another snuggle blanket. When the days get shorter and the temperature drops, I need woolly goodness, I have to find something to crochet or knit. I am a very basic knitter only, and crocheting, well, if its not too complicated, I can do it. But my favourite thing to do is crocheting granny squares. Because they are small, they are quick to complete and thus give you a sense of achievement really quickly. It is so nice to see a stack of squares growing steadily.

I had some odd balls of wool from a charity shop in a soft off white and very light beige and a few other balls I acquired a couple of years ago. So I started making very basic granny squares. I also found some quite thick ( recycled from an Arran sweater? ) wool in a local charity shop and thought I would use that wool as well for plain stripes to alternate with granny square stripes. Haven't gotten that far yet though, but here are the pics of what I have made so far -










Not sure you can tell the slightly different shades in the photos, they are quite subtle.

I am linking this post to Becky's Blissful Whites Wednesday over at her TIMEWASHED blog.

Only a couple more days at the cottage in France, we are going back to the UK on the weekend. It is always hard leaving here, but at least I will be back in my craftroom before long, woohoo!

Toodlepip xxx





10 comments:

Vintage Crab Jewelry said...

I love all of the texture in your photos!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

That looks cosy indeed, Liz. You've been pretty busy and finished quite a lot of squares already.
Have a lovely afternoon!
Hugs,
Julia

Karen B. said...

Hi Liz Luv,
looks like you are very busy. I can't wait to see how beautiful the finished blanket will be. Do share!
Hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Elizabethd said...

Lovely snuggly colours and textures.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

This is going to be one beautiful throw once finished, Liz. I love the subtle variations in shades.
en-JOY safe travels,
Kimberly

janice15 said...

O my they look so lovely.. I love the off white color... going to be very nice when's it's finished.. with love Janice

Dorthe said...

How beautiful Liz ,I really love those white , cream little wollen granny squares, it will make a most wonderful and warm throw for you .
The photoes are also gorgeous, dear.
Hugs ,Dorfthe

Tanya Rachelle said...

Beautiful post! I love the whites-- just beautiful together. Can't wait to see the finished piece. You have a new follower in me-- found you from Blissful White Wednesdays. p.s. I LOVE your Craftvan! Looking forward to learning more about your place in the UK and France.
~Tanya

Mom E. said...

Liz, I love your squares! the different hues of cream will be wonderful altogether! it will be so cozy!!!
Can't wait to see it finished!
hugs,
Betsy

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

It is a snuggly thing to do and your granny squares and balls of wool look gorgeous.

I would love to crochet, little bits and bobs - but i just can't "get it".
I can do the first round and then I get in a total mess - I admit I'm dyslexic when it comes to crochet!

A lovely cosy post Liz
Shane x