Saturday 2 March 2013

Oh heck, another week gone by

First, I would like to thank you all for your wonderful comments and well wishes on the birth of our little granddaughter Emily. I was so touched by your  kind words. she really is a little darling and ever such a good and happy little sweetiepie. I got to cuddle her again a couple of days ago when we visited, and tomorrow they are coming for dinner with us so I can sit there snuggled up with Emily and a big stupid grin on my face. Mustn't forget to take some photos this time, I totally forgot when we last saw her.

What else apart from baby huggling have I  been up to? Errmmm, well, dog walking every day, preparing listings for Etsy, sending out orders, and only a little bit of crafting. Oh, I did make another collage a couple of weeks ago and I don't think I have shown you that one yet. Similar in style to the one I had made previously. But here, have a look for yourselves -








I also managed the tag for this week's Tag Tuesday challenge. I have to admit, I have oodles of fun with the alphabet challenge.  I love searching through all my images, postcards, magazines etc for the right vintage image. This is what I came up with for H, HATS -





Still have to do this week's inchie, which has me slightly stumped, its Street Sweeper! YIKES!

I am busy busy trying to get things listed in my Etsy shop, gosh, it all takes such a long time, photographing, measuring, packaging, weighing, writing..... still, it is so rewarding when you meet lovely customers and read their wonderful happy comments. I will get round to doing a Vintageland post tonight, promise, to show you some of the stuff going in. Oh heck, another looooong evening, lol, I hope there is something entertaining on the telly to keep me company.

Right, enough chatting, I am off to be a good girl and get back to doing what I am supposed to be doing.

Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow, my dear friends.

Toodlepip xxx

Update, yay, done it, I did a Vintageland post showing you some of the things I have listed in the last couple of days. Have a peek HERE

6 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Good morning, dear Lizzie! Your fabric collage is gorgeous. I love all the bits of lace and the pretty papers you've used. The tag is adorable too. That beaded beaded ornament is such a beautiful detail.
Happy Sunday, dear friend!
xoxo,
Julia

Sophie said...

Mein Gott, wie schön!
Das sind wieder einmal kleine Meisterwerke.
So viele wunderschöne Details, so liebevoll gemacht...
Ich bin begeistert.

Sophie xx

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hello Liz
I am Visiting your from Wendy's Apple and Apricot. I saw your Beautiful Piece there. Your Work is so Lovely~
I am a New Follower!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Hugs
`Jill~

Dorthe said...

Dearest Liz,
I can see you there with sweet Emily, in your arms, with that smile, all of us grand-mams have on our face :-)
Maybe silly-BUT happy - and thats what counts !
Your collage is a gorgeous art piece my dear, I love your image and that you uses words ...and also all that wonderful lace.
The elegant Parisian tag looks wonderful, with that huge bead flower!
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Mom E. said...

Lizzy Lou,
Your collage is GORGEOUS!!! I love your use of a pattern piece, so clever! I image is really pretty, you did lots of details on this, the stampling on top of everything...so much fun!
Your tag is so cute! I love her looking over her shoulder. And I love the shelf lining! Makes me smile!
Headed to the shop....uh oh.....LOL
Hearts,
Betsy

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a GORGEOUS fabric collage!!!
ohhing and aweing over it!!

I'm so envious of you seeing your Grandbaby. I told my son I'm going into Emmett withdrawls. LOL
We may be seeing him next month before my son gets deployed.
Heres hoping!
Hugs Lynn