Wednesday 4 July 2012

Wishing you a Happy Fourth of July

Such an important day for all our American friends. Happy Fourth of July! I made a little tag in honour of the occasion. Well, its a good excuse to make yet another tag, lol. But my good wishes to you are heartfelt.




And while I was on a break from measuring and weighing and listing etc, I took the opportunity to make this week's Every Inchie Monday and Tag Tuesday challenges.


Every Inchie Monday's theme this week is BORDER.  I almost went with a flower border, but then somehow got sidetracked and ended up with tiny borders -




Tag Tuesday's challenge this week was SEASIDE. I am going to be lazy and copy what I wrote on the Tag Tuesday blog. 


I had a bit of trouble with this week's challenge, because all the themes for this month revolve around the seaside. I found it quite difficult to decide what to use for this tag and what to save for the others. Until I started going through some postcards I had bought in France a few weeks ago, that is. I found a photograph of these sweet little boys all dressed up in their sailor suits, no doubt ready to hit the French Riviera, lol.


I painted three different areas on a white tag, light brown for the beach, light blues for the sky and darker blues for the sea. Glued on the shell and this puffety stuff I found on the  beach after a storm last year, and then created the beach with different shades of Distress Stickles, Scattered Straw and Tarnished Brass. Cut out some small images of shells, and of course the darling boys and glued them on. Printed out the song title of a good old English seaside song ( which I now can't get out of my head, arrgghh ) and drew a few seagulls in the sky.








Toodlepip xxx

9 comments:

Dorthe said...

Such a beautiful greeting to our American friends, dear Liz. and your little border is a great way to use the word. I love the beach tag, your painted background looks fantastic, like real photo, and all the beach finds rounds it all up.How did you make that sand look so real ,I wonder, maybe golden glitter...so lovely my sweet.
Hugs from yet another grey day...I will go try make some mermaids!
Warm hugs
Dorthe,xxx

My Creative House said...

Hi Liz love to visit your blog and se all the wonderful and creative tags you done, wish you a lovely day.
Hugs Anni

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

I love your seaside tag !
I don't often leave comments, but always have a look at your blog ;-)
hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
A wonderful selection in this post.
I adore your 4th of July tag with that scattering of stars, then again the look on the faces of the boys on the tag makes me smile.
Wishes
Lynne

Mom E. said...

Liz,
Beautiful tags as always! I love the vintage image on the 4th of July tag as well as the seaside tag. I would really like to learn how to make tags that look antique. Glad you got a break from the measuring and weighing and such! :)
Lanette

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous, love tiny inchies and your independence piece but the sailors stole my heart. Gorgeous !!
Hugs June x

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Liz, Thank you for such a dear greeting for our 4th of July here in America. It was a wonderful day.
Also just love your seaside tags. They go perfectly with my shells.
Your tags and inchies are always just delightful.
Hope you are enjoying a great summer.
So nice to see you today. Have a nice weekend.
Happy Creating.
Hugs, CMD

Pat C. said...

Oh, I just love your Fourth of July tag! And thank you for your kind wishes on our special day! xoxo

Trillian As said...

Hi Liz,
I know how it is making inchies: you have an idea and then at the next moment the inchie is totally different because you had so much more ideas. I love your border inchie.
Your Tags are very beautiful as well.