Thursday 19 July 2012

Little works of art in the mail

I received the swap ATCs from Kimberly's June MERMAID swap today. How exciting! Kimberly is a fabulous swap hostess, she always packages them beautifully. Have a look at how gorgeously wrapped they arrived -



See? The perfect colours for the swap theme and a lovely personalised tag ( L for Liz ).

And here are the beautiful ATCs I received, just in the order I took them out of the package -



This little beauty is from Amy Bauer, who doesn't have a blog ( yet, but we should make her have one, lol ). I have never ever seen seashells as small as the ones she has used on her ATC, I am utterly amazed. I love everything about the ATC, the gorgeous shimmery fabric  used for the water, the amazing mermaid's tail stitched over with metallic thread, and as I have already mentioned, those tiny seashells.


Next up is this cute as pie ATC - 





 from Saucy Chick Cherry. Such a gorgeous whimsical ATC and don't you just love her bikini top made from little sequins? And of course I love the glitter on the seaweed and the handsome fish. 


And then I was thrilled to bits to find an ATC made by our hostess Kimberly -





Incredibly detailed, beautifully made. Perfect, isn't it? Gorgeous image, fabulous background and those embellishments are totally droolworthy.


AND............. I was also one of the lucky girls to receive an extra ATC made by Sabrina. Apparently she had so much fun creating for the swap, she made some extra ATCs and Kimberly randomly put them in some of the swap packages.


My July swap ATCs are on the way to Kimberly, and I can't wait to see what the other girls are going to make for the July theme A LOVELY DAY AT THE BEACH. You can probably tell I am having oodles of fun with these swaps.


You know, the weather here is crazy at the moment, yesterday we had a gorgeous summer day, 30C during the day, lovely mild evening, and although the weather forecast promised sun sun sun for the next few days, it is cold, grey and overcast and drizzly again. Poo to that. We are supposed to be going to the Thursday evening vide grenier tonight, I just hope that they don't cancel it, or that no stall holders turn up. Keep your fingers crossed. 


Toodlepip xxx





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely Liz.
Wishes
Lynne

Rozen van papier said...

They are all sweet and lovely,

Love Janny

Createology said...

Your ATCs received are so much fun. I am thrilled to say I received one of yours and I am over-the-moon happy with it. Thank you ever so much. I too am sending off my July ATCs to our fabulous hostess Kimberly. Happy Swapping...
P.S. I am glad you like my little mermaid ATC with the sequin swim top.

Dorthe said...

Hello my dear,
Such lovelynes to recieve. I love them all, they are sweet and whimsy-and Kimberly`s is truly stunning in every detail, I love her creations.
Oh Liz, for what it is worth ,weather is the same here,- how was it today? and did you go yesterday to the vide grenier? I can`t wait to see what you found dear friend.
Sending you love.
xx,Dorthe

Mom E. said...

You changed your header picture! I like your pots of flowers....You have such a beautiful cottage and yard in France!
Lanette

Rebecca Nelson said...

Too sweet for words....

Now did you KNOW that the tag you sent me made it's way into the magazine article on my home done in Italy? You can see it on an old chest hanging from my lamp! How COOL is that???? You can see it peeking out from under another tag! : Here's the post...

http://www.rebecca-gatheryeroses.blogspot.com/2012/06/casa-romantica-magazine-showcases-my.html

Have sweet day my friend~xoRebecca

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- I love mermaids--- these are all so lovely and the colors are incredible-- you sure hang out with a bunch of talented folks!!
Vicki

Martina said...

Such beautiful looking mermaid ATCs, lovely!

Have a nice week, dear Liz!

suziqu's thread works said...

These ATCs are so bright and beautiful Liz - I especially love Kimberly's mermaid!
x Suzy

Anonymous said...

Hey sweety,,im a newbie and just love your blog !!! i have one too so come over and see me sometimes,,lol,,,xoxo CHRISTYS CRAFTS blogspot.