Monday 16 July 2012

What I've been up to in the craftavan

I should have known that it would rain on a Sunday, sigh. No vide greniers to go to, so I spent a few hours in the craftavan instead. I needed to catch up on my inchies for the Every Inchie Monday challenge. I hadn't posted last week's, and the new one was due today. So let me show you those first. 


Last week's inchie challenge was MOUNTAIN. No idea why I went with fabrics, maybe because I had just unpacked  my craft suitcase and been fondling laces and fabrics, lol. I made the mountain out of a scrap of scrunched up grey sari ribbon, hoping that the scrunched bits would look like mountain ridges and crevices. For the snowy top I used a piece of very fine net and a few dabs from a white pen. The forest at the bottom of the mountain is a tiny scrap of a lovely green vintage French lace. Oh, and I stuck a bit of cotton wool in the sky for white and grey clouds -





This week's challenge is BLACK. Arrgghh, now photographing anything black really is a challenge. I used a scrap of very old watered silk ribbon for the background, a lovely old French button and a teeny bit of a black veil from an old hat -






I am also joining Kimberly's monthly ATC swap again. The theme this time round for July was A LOVELY DAY AT THE BEACH -









I also managed to take photographs of the few things I had bought at a vide greniers last week, as we had a beautifully sunny day today. Still not as warm as it should be this time of the year and the wind is very chilly, but hey, I take this over rain any day. I'll try and post the pics on the vintageland blog tomorrow.


Until then, toodlepip xxx

4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love the At the Beach ATCs. Our local weather news said "cautious optimism" for the comiong week with temps really warm up to 21. LOL!

morkaren said...

Sikken nogle dejlige gamle badebilleder, det er da vintage. knus morkaren.

Dorthe said...

Oh Liz, it is just like here, RAIN and WIND!!!
Your inchies are great,-love your tiny clouds and snow dressed mountain.
And the swap girls, are so lovely and sweet dressed, wonderful,dear.
I hope you will have a little sun on your nose :-) and some vide greniers.
HUGS and kys,kys.
Dorthe

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Dear Liz
I have surfaced again!
Love your little inchies - I really hope you are having some of that blue sky with soft wofty cottonwool clouds again by now!
Oh that rain - how dare it rain on your parade! No vide greniers again!!!!
Love your amazing beach girl - I can see you in that bathing costume too!
Sending some "where this blogger creates" hugs!
Suzy
PS Hope you are getting that property under control again!