Wednesday 9 February 2011

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather

When I posted my almost last minute contribution to the wonderful OWOH event, I never expected to see over 100 comments on the post! Flipping heck, it really is quite overwhelming to read all the comments. They made my heart sing, my eyes twinkle and put a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much to all you lovely people who said such lovely things about my blog and my giveaway.

I have spent so much time visiting other blogs today, I didn't even think about the inchie and the tag which I haven't yet made for this week's challenges. ARRGHHH. That has got to be on my to-do list for first thing tomorrow morning.

I haven't made anything else today either, but as we can't have a pictureless post, I am posting a few images which I had scanned in from my own collection. I hope you can make use of them.

I found this one in an old hymn book. Aaah, Spring flowers, I cannot wait to see them popping up in the garden -


This one is a very old Easter card, which I like a lot -



Is this Spanish or Portuguese?


Just look at this gorgeous, chubby little darling! His name is Olivier, he was 3 1/2 months old when the photo was taken, and probably lived in Montceau - Les - Mines in France ( thats where the photo was taken ). I love the lace cushion he is sitting on -


I adore this one, a card in the shape of a (chocolate? ) box filled with flowers -


The reverse of the card is just as sweet, it has this delicate little blue satin ribbon with a deep red seal on it -


Now, the next two images will probably mean a bit more to my German friends. I found these two cards here in England at a boot fair, who knows how they got there. I think they are fabulous, Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria und Kaiser Wilhelm II -



Bedtime for me now, so have a lovely day/evening wherever you are, and I'll carry on with my OWOH blog hopping tomorrow. It is sooooooooo much fun. If you haven't done so yet, what are you waiting for? Go hop, hop, hop!

Toodlepip xxx

9 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hello Liz,
I love the picture of your cozy cottage covered with snow. Burrrrr.
No wonder you received so many comments, you are just the sweetest and we all adore you here in blogland.

Thanks for all the lovely images. I think I might use a few of them.

hugs
Sissie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
I aggree with Sissi - you are so sweet!
Thank you for the nice images and
the little glimpse of spring.
Have a lovely evening.
Hugs,
Marie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really has been amazing to meet so many new people! I'm enjoying your blog tonight! ♥

LissyLou said...

there is an award for you on my blog x

Anne Lorys said...

Beautiful images, Liz!

You are just such a beautiful soul, did you know that? :-)

Big hugs,
Anne

Barbara Jean said...

Hey girl
thank you for all those sweet pictures. Love coming to visit here.

blessings
barbara jean

Croap Queen said...

Nun pic has a Spanish caption, not Portuguese :-) Just thought you might like to know.
JJ xx

harmony and rosie said...

I love these old photos, wonder who that sweet little chap was?

Alexandra said...

Die sind ja alle super schön meine Liebe.
*knuddel*
Alexandra