Tuesday 22 February 2011

Every Inchie Monday Challenge - COSMIC

It is Tuesday, but only early afternoon, so it is almost still Monday, right? So, I am not very late really. The theme for this week is COSMIC, and my first thought took my straight back to my Hippie Days and friends in long flowing robes, long hair and flowers painted on their faces saying " Hey man, thats cosmic. Yeah ". Hmmm. I put that out of my mind very quickly, lol. And then of course, being a Sci Fi nut, my thoughts turned to spaceships and galaxies and alien life out there in the great Cosmos. And thats what I went with -


A couple of weeks ago, I saved a picture of a galaxy for a Tag Tuesday challenge project, and I used a tiny part of it as the background for my COSMIC inchie. I inked it slightly with an Opalite Glacier Blue, which added fabulous little sparkly planets throughout the universe. A few larger ones were added with a silver Gelly Roll pen -



And then I had oodles of fun finding images of spaceships and aliens. Geez, cutting out these tiny little bits really does require a very steady hand!

And now I want to go space travelling myself. The wonderful, amazing, fabulously strange worlds which just have to be out there somewhere..........


I am really pleased with my growing Inchie collection. I have to start thinking about putting them somehwere more permanently, but for now they are snuggled up in this little heart box -


Tomorrow and the day after, I'll have some gorgeous things for you to look at, one is another OWOH win, the other a fabulous giveaway win. You are so going to drool over them!

Toodlepip, xxx

9 comments:

Kris said...

Totally groovy and bitchen inchie.

Regina said...

This turned out sooo COSMIC...LOL!! I love how the galaxy turned out. Your inchies are growing and all are just awesome. I would however love to see one in your original idea. YOU can never go wrong with a hippie..hehe

Peace, love and Cosmic Hugs,
Regi

K J D said...

I love your alien inchy.... great title - love the sparkles!

Karen

Dorthe said...

Uhh Liz,
so great- I love all the glitter,and wonderfull spaceships- almost dissapering out in nowhere!
I did not get to make the one last week- so maybe I should try to arrive late,(too) this week :)

Big hug-Dorthe

Deborah said...

Great interpretation! I love the flying saucers!

Threads of Inspiration said...

Awwww, Kris already said your inchie was groovy! That's what I was going to say! Well anyway, it turned out great!

Createology said...

Love your groovy inchie. Cosmic bliss and glitter. Happy creating...

Joanne Huffman said...

I love your cosmic inchie - far out!

Unknown said...

Hi Liz, a lovely cosmic Inchie, the alien's great!
X Sam.