Wednesday 10 March 2010

Could this be Spring?

The last few days we have been blessed with lovely sunshine, blue skies with a few fluffy clouds and the first hints of Spring. It is still really cold, but I don't mind that at all, I can wrap up warm. But it has been so much more fun going out for walks with Hector. Poor Poppiegirl is still not allowed to run off the lead, and Hector is such a tease when we take them out together. So with a heavy heart we have decided to leave her at home when we walk in the Firehills. She is having her stitches taken out on Friday, so hopefully by the weekend she will be allowed to run again.

Hector just loves his walks and he is such a very well behaved boy these days, even the hundreds and hundreds of sheep in the fields don't wind him up too much, he goes to the fence and looks at them but thats all, no barking or chasing, phew.

I'll just show you a few pics of Monday's walk -


The bluebells are finally pushing through -

The gorse bushes, with which the Firehills are covered for miles, are starting show off their bright yellow flowers -

Tiny little buds are appearing -


Big, fat, woolly sheep -

Nothing much is happening in the garden yet, but I did find a couple of very brave little plants -


And now I am off to finally finish the second lavender cushion. Boy, I don't know where the hours and days disappear to.

Catch up with you all later, xx

17 comments:

Beki said...

Spring is definately on it's way although I wish it would warm upa bit.
Just about to email you, received my parcel earlier, thank you.

Beki xxx

made with love said...

If spring hasn't sprung, it is definitely springing.
Those dogs are soooo lovely.
Have fun,
Rachael XX

Debby said...

I believe it is spring. Look at those sweet dogs. Fun pics.
debby

Kissed by an Angel said...

Spring is definitely on the way - if your gorgeous photos are anything to go by!! They are lovely!! I love Primroses, and I can't wait to see the Bluebells (you will show them to us won't you???) Glad to hear your poor Poppiegirl is on the mend!! Hector is a fine figure of a dog!!!
xxxx

Michela said...

Hi Lizzie, I'm so envious of your beautiful sky, warm sunshine, lovely doggies and pretty flowers...it's snowing profusely since this morning here :(
xxxxx

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

It definitely looks like spring in your area, Liz! Oh, Hector is really such a good boy not running after the sheep! Hopefully Poppiegirl will be allowed soon to go out with him again.
Have a great afternoon!
Hugs,
Julia

Croap Queen said...

It's been beautiful here too - how far apart do you reckon we are L? About 35 miles or so? It's deceptive here though - looks gorgeous and blue and warm, but the wind is bitingly cold. Still, I like seeing little buds peeping out of the ground and listening to the birds singing as I'm trundling down the hill to work :-)
JJ

Anonymous said...

How beautiful pictures , Liz !
I like those spring flowers !

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Yep it's a good feeling when those first buds open. Glad to hear the blue skies are hanging around for you. Our really hot weather is back which I'm enjoying.

Poor Poppy must be feeling quite left out. I guess she'll have to be quite careful for a while. I take it she behaves OK in the empty house? Or does she have a sitter?!

Looking forward to seeing the latest lavender pillow. Hope it all goes together well.

Dorthe said...

Liz,
you are realy long in front of me here ,speaking of spring.
Flowers, and buds -no,no, I don`t find them here yet, -it must have been a very beautifull walk the three of you had, this morning.
wonderfull photoes you have taken,--thanks,dear
and hugs,
Dorthe

Twiglet said...

We have had 3 good walks in the last week of sunshine - a few signs of Spring and still lots of snowdrops around. Love your pics.

Helsie said...

Yes it looks like Spring is on its way. Funny how a bit of sunshine boosts that feeling. I hope it doesn't warm up too quickly. I'm hoping for cool weather when we go to France.
Cheers
Helen

Myrna said...

What beautiful pics of your walk! And I am so impressed your sweet dog behaved himself around the sheep!
Spring is beginning to bloom here in Northern California. Trees are blossoming, and birds EVERYWHERE!
We have a feeder, so that my have something to do with it! ;-) Darling yellow finches visit here, and it looks like a couple of mourning doves have taken up residence in our backyard as well.
Don't you just LOVE this time of year? I do!!
Blessings to ya!
Myrna

Kelly said...

What a lovely walk! I'm glad Spring is coming but I wish it would hurry! I'm fed up of the cold!!!!

Winchester Manor said...

Isn't amazing to see everything coming back to life. Your photos are lovely!!

Hector is adorable...please give him a nice belly rub for me!

Big hugs,
Karyn

Anne Lorys said...

Those are such lovely images!
I love getting peeks at my blog friends lives from across the pond. :-)

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Anne

*Ulrike* said...

I would love to see sheep like that on my walk! Your dogs behaved very nicely. We have had a few sunny days, but now we have rain and storms on the way. Sigh, spring feels so far away.