I think I am allowed to use the time spent on the giveaway for my 20 minutes crafting session, right? I mean, I tea- and coffee-dyed paper, I spent ages printing, I sorted bits of lace and trims and probably used up two weeks worth of crafting time, lol.
Anyhoo, you may have noticed from a couple of posts that I have taken a bit of an interest in messing around with old papers, bits and pieces, altered art sort of thing ( very basic, hardly art in my case, lolol ). Remember this altered tin?
It seemed that lots of people were quite interested in that sort of thing, so I thought I put together a few bits and pieces to encourage you all to give it a go. It really is immensely satisfying to transform, for example, a naff old Hulahoop tin like this one into something pretty.
So here goes, first of all the paper kind of stuff -
What have we got here? Ermm,
- three pages from a very old book of sheet music, which was falling to pieces, otherwise I wouldn't have had the heart to take pages out
- two pages from an old dictionary, again falling to bits
- a fab old waxed paperbag from a French Epicerie with the shop name and logo
- old French bingo cards, one very old one and a few somewhat newer ones
- copies of - a vintage French postcard with a very pretty lady sending you kisses, two postcards with the prettiest writing, and two pages from a very old Vere Foster's Copy Book, Lettering.
- 4 pages of aged paper ( not shown, because they are still drying! )
Then we have bits and pieces. mostly fabricy -
Right, lets see what I have found
- a small piece of lovely lace fabric
- antique metal thread French braid
- a couple of length of fine old French cotton lace
- a couple of pieces of white vintage lace
- the prettiest little peachy pink lace trim
- gold wire edged ribbon
- vintage French woven initials
- small selection of old buttons, including MOP
- 3 teeny little roses
- a simple beaded flower
- 3 clock hands
- odd old French crocheted cotton, errmm, flower???thingy
- piece of purple netting
- piece of vintage French braid, deep deep red
Thats it, fancy having a go at altering something you have in the house and making it into a fab new thing? All you need to do is leave a comment on here, and I'll draw a winner next Sunday, 24th Jan, before we go to France. You could also stick this button-
in your sidebar with a link, and I'll put your name into the hat twice, just let me know on this post.
Have fun! xx