Tuesday 15 September 2009

Horrid weather

BEFORE I START THE POST PROPER, JUST A REMINDER THAT THE "ALL THE COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW" SWAP IS NOW UP AND RUNNING. I WOULD LOVE IT IF LOTS OF YOU WOULD JOIN AND MAKE THIS A REAL FUN SWAP. CLICK ON THE BUTTON IN THE SIDEBAR TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT IT.

Its absolutely chucking it down today here in Sussex and I am sighing a lot, remembering that only a couple of weeks ago, we were in France and the temps were in the high 30s. So I looked at my photos again, lol, any excuse will do really. And because the weather here is too horrid to photograph the rest of the vide greniers finds from France, I am just going to post some pics of the cottage and the doggies.

Hector, I love his cheeky grin -

One of my little craft corners in the garden ( mostly mornings, before the sun gets too hot ). I love sitting at that little table. Ooh, thats where I made those felt beads, btw-

Early morning doorbell-

My darling pyromaniac's favourite toy. We were given this lovely old oil drum with those fancy cutouts last year. It came from our most favouritest chef ever, the wonderful person who created the most stunning meals in the "La Petite Auberge" restaurant. Sigh, I am still so upset that he is not there any longer-

My DH built this shutter completely from scratch, using an old door which our dear friend Franck had given us. The old shutter was in a dreadful state, falling to bits really-

Staying with red, I love the intense colour of these berries ( hawthorn, I think )-

And a bit more colour, one of the very few roses I have in the garden in France, isn't it a beauty? It also has the most delicious scent-

I have a few of these hanging between the trees where we usually eat outside-

The littlest window, lol, its so dinky-

And under that little window is this, teeheee-

When the cottage was built in the 1850s, the washing up was done inside under that window in a huge, carved out granite block, and the water would just drain out of that through the extremely thick wall and down over this, errrmmm, beautiful butt, lolol. I think it is absolutely adorable. Oh, btw, the granite sink is still under the window inside.

These gorgeous old tin baths are supposed to be filled with flowers, but as I didn't get to spend the summer at the cottage, they are bare, so bare, sigh-

My beautiful Poppy girl-

YUMMY, my favourite dessert during the summer, fromage blanc with lashings of cream, sugar and freshly picked blackberries, my mouth is watering just looking at the pic-

This ancient beam is above the little door you can see in my craft corner pic above, I love it and can spend ages just studying all the patterns in the old old wood-

Cool dude Hector-

5 comments:

Floss said...

What wonderful pics - you do have a wonderful cottage! What's your home in the UK like, then?

Your swap is going well - funny that both 'blues' are English bloggers in France - elizabethd and I have a lot more in common than that, too, as we discovered when we met up last month!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Now that's lovely...

Michela said...

How charming your cottage!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

What a wonderful cottage! Oh to have a craft corner that looked that lovely. I love everything about your cottage I think. How on earth do you leave it behind? Oh nice shutter too DH and painted in my favourite shade of red too. I know they like to hear these things!

Cal said...

Thank you for your comment today. I would like to take part in your swap because it fits in exactly with some thoughts I've been having the past couple of days and which I will blog about later. The colour I would like is Indigo.

I have loved reading this post. You have interested, intrigued and amused me in turn and there was even an 'aaah' in there at your lovely dog. Love the colour of your shutters. x