Wednesday 10 December 2014

A very eclectic mix

I finally found some time to do something with the red wire wrapped fabric beads which I made a while ago. In the summer, I bought this really gorgeous vintage necklace with deep red sparkly aurora borealis crystal beads, quite possibly Swarovski beads. And when I had finished the fabric beads, I realised that they would go very well with those crystal beads. I didn't want to take the necklace apart though, so instead I decided to add to it. Fabric beads, ceramic beads, vintage shimmery glass beads, a religious medal. A very eclectic mix, I know, weird and wonderful but quite pleasing to my eyes. The wire wrapped fabric beads were a given of course, and the ceramic organic looking beads I added because they kind of represented nature. The flat white glass oval beads I added just because I like them, how the white coating has flaked off in places, how they shimmer so delicately. And the solid silver medal of the Madonna I added because it is such a beautiful piece and I didn't want it lingering in the drawer any longer -







All this is thanks to Sandy Babb's totally awesome Embellished Fabric Bead tutorial, which you can find HERE.

Wishing you all a lovely afternoon/evening/morning, wherever you are. Toodlepip xxx

5 comments:

angie said...

danke für die inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie

Createology said...

Your embellished necklace is stunning. How fun to take something off the shelf and personalize it with your amazing fabric beads. Lovely and Lucious...

suziqu's thread works said...

Wow Liz this has turned out totally awesome how you have pulled this all together with your own fabric ribbon lace beads with the stunning ruby crystal beads with the silver Madonna medal and earthy beads!
So stunning and it is just perfect to be draped on any other Christmas ornaments or tree as well.
Red ruby hugs,
Suzy

Dorthe said...

Liz, it is gorgeous, dramatic with the red pearls of your own and the others,and sooo beautiful with your added Madonna medal,and all the other beads... I just HAVE TO get going for real with my own pearl making, you inspires me dear friend,- and I hope you are wearing this wonderful necklace ,yourself !!!
Hugs from me ,on a stormy afternoon!!
Dorthe,x

Betsy said...

Liz,
Pretty necklace you made! You will enjoy it this Christmas! You were able to fix your candelabra! Wonderful'