Thursday 31 July 2014

TIME on my hands to make TAGS

The theme over at the Our Beautiful World blog this week is TIME. My shabby old French clock face on the mantlepiece was kind of staring at me from behind the candlesticks and other assorted bits, so I had to give it the starring role and photograph it :-).

This is what the mantlepiece usually looks like -


but clock face wasn't happy, it wasn't centre stage! So I removed the candlesticks and flowers -


but I could still hear grumblings about alabaster urns trying to pinch the limelight and those two were fighting about who should be closest to clock face, so I made the decision for them and ruthlessly removed one -


That worked! At least for me, lol.

I also got to spend some time in the craftavan. I had to make a bunch of customer freebie tags as well as the Tag Tuesday tag for this week.

The Tag Tuesday theme this week is STATUES, and I immediately thought of the beautiful angel statues I have often admired on the internet. This is what I ended up with -




I found so many beautiful images when I was searching, I just had to make some more angel statue tags. Like this one, for example -





Thats all for today. I am listening to test match cricket on the computer while I am doing some more Etsy stuff. 

As always, thank you for stopping by. I wish you all a very happy day,
Toodlepip xxx

18 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful tags!

Karen B. said...

I must say, sweet Liz, you make the most beautiful tags!
Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Elizabethd said...

Wish you would do a step by step tutorial! I'd love to know how you make the angels look so much part of the tag, are they backed with card?
They are lovely, anyway.

Donna said...

What gorgeous tags! I love the angel images and the pretty trims that you used!!

Createology said...

Lovely tags and thankfully you had some crafting Time to create. Bliss...

Ros Crawford said...

Your tags are beautiful!! And your clock is just perfect for our prompt! Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Liz - a great series of clock photos - I'm sure the clock was happy to be recognized as important, I love your re-arrangement. Tags are very pretty too. Thanks for sharing with Our Beautiful World, Robyn

May said...

Hi Liz, Your tags are so Beautiful... the detail is fabulous... Love the images so much...Gorgeous... Love your clock too the feather hands are spectacular ...Hugs May x x

Diane said...

Beautiful tag design and fun post.

Hugs Diane

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Liz,

We have to confess that, usually, we pay scant attention to our wrapping or labelling of gifts. Your tags are so beautiful and you must need incredible patience as well as imagination to create them. So beautiful and, perhaps, far too pretty to simply tag a gift. We should rather keep them as treasured book marks.

Manuela said...

great photos, lovly clock with the feathers.
Thanks for sharing with us at "OBW"

Sophie said...

Wunderschöne Tags.
Da geht mir gleich das Herz auf.

Herzlichst Sophie

Diana Taylor said...

I LOVE your mantlepiece - it's so pretty and beautifully arranged. The tags are gorgeous too - what great images you found for the statues. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier, it was lovely to see you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful...
Michele

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

LOVE your prayer tags! just calm and comforting and cream!
Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Betsy

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning tags!