Wednesday 15 December 2010

Tag Tuesday Challenge and a few more Christmas pics

This week's tag challenge on Kard Krazy is to make a Christmas tag with the colours yellow, brown and green. Why is is that I never end up with the tag I envisage when I start, lol? It always turns out totally differently. Still, it worked out ok, I think -


I had some coloured tags, so I used a yellow one for the background. I changed the colour of the main image to browns and used green ink for the little holly stamp.

As you know, I like long posts, and three tag pics are just not enough to satisfy, lol, so here are a few more pics of our Christmas decorations. The drawing room. As you can see, I don't go too mad with the decorations -


The tree is not quite finished yet, it is lacking the lametta. Ever since I can remember, our Christmas trees were decorated with strands of silver lametta, in my parents' home in Germany, and then here in the UK when I had my own family. I love the proper German stanniol lametta, which is really heavy, has a beautiful silver colour, is slightly crinkly, and drapes so perfectly. But it seemed to have gone out of fashion in the last few years, and my mum couldn't find any in her local shops in Germany. I made do with the modern lametta we could get here in the UK, but it is nothing like the real thing. This year, we couldn't even find that in our shops! Light bulb moment - Ebay Germany, and there it was, proper stanniol lametta! I ordered it, it was posted the same day, and now I am desperately hoping that it will arrive very soon. Because my husband and sons DEMAND lametta on their tree, lol. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please ;-)

On a little side table -


On the larger table -


A felt snowflake with my favourite little cherub -


And the very different Christmas tree in the hall -


Our house is late Victorian, and in the hall we always stick with very traditional colours. Of course the tree is hand picked by DS3 and myself at the grower's farm. It usually takes a good half hour or so to find the perfect tree. We probably pick up and twirl at least 40 or so trees before we finally find THE ONE! Isn't it just the perfect shape? Nick and I always decorate the trees together, and that is one of my most loved Christmas traditions.

27 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz,
I love your drawing room decorations! Your angel star is beautiful. I love your fireplace and chandelier! And your drapes! And the tree in your all is wonderful too! I've always wanted a victorian house but my husband said he won't have a house that is older than him :( Someday...
I can't wait to see what the lametta is going to look like!
Blessings,
Sonya

woodandfabric said...

oh là là!!! You made a beautiful tag for Louise's challenge And you have a Wonderful home. I Love your fireplace!
Michelle *Ü*

Sarah said...

Your tag is just lovely but let's move on to the tree in your hallway...I could sit and look at it all day...absolutely gorgeous!

sharon sams said...

Your tag looks like a busy place in heaven!! Lots of angels doing things!! I love the pic of your house! Merry Merry!

Robin said...

What a gorgeous tag! You have made the color combination look fantastic. Your home also looks lovely and that tree is beautiful.

Hugs,
Robin

Jacqueline said...

You didn't go mad with the decorations............. lol! All depends how you look at it. I think you have an absolutely gorgeous decorated home!!
I also love how you used yellow on your tag as the dominant color - really pretty!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your tag looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the photos, wonderful Christmas feeling.

Serenata said...

I love the tag, but oh I love your drawing room even more, oh and the decorations, and the hallway, and the tree in the hallway, oh I want to see more of your delightful home!

Susie Dally said...

Love the texture on your tag-and thanks for sharing your hCristmas decor! I enjoyed the visit.

Salma said...

i already mentioned that i love your house! it's SO british ;-)

the fireplace is gorgeous - it's probably as big as my whole living room *lol*

have a nice evening!
salma

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

It's all so pretty pretty! I love your hall tree with the reds and greens too. You sure do have very beautiful decorations especially the glass ones. I"m wondering what the thing you've ordered is. I'm guessing it's a type of stringy thing.

Dorthe said...

BEAUTIFULL Liz--so wonderfull a tree and the table decorations are gorgeus,too-love the lace stars, you made-and the snow flake,dear.
And the traditionell tree in your hallway, is so wonderfull,too-and fantastic decorated.You have done a bit more ,than daydreaming sweetie ,lol.
Blessings,Dorthe

Createology said...

Your trees are stunning. I love that you decorate them together. All of your holiday decorations are so beautiful. I think your tag turned out excellent for the three colors you had to use. Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sweet Friend,
WOW your tag is gorgeous and you did a wonderful job of incorporating the colorsn chosen.

Your trees are wonderful. I love them both and the traditional is a gorgeous shape and perfect. Your home is lovely, so inviting and beautiful place to bring in Christmas. Hope your lametta arrives promptly.

Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Cindy Adkins said...

It's all sheer perfection!!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!! Your home looks so exquisite and so festive!!
XO

A garden just outside Venice said...

It's funny because you have 2 beautiful trees and I don't have neither one yet! :)
Enjoy the run up to Christmas!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Liz, beautiful! Worthy of being featured in your British Country Living magazine, which I try to purchase here in the states whenever I see it on the newsstands. Just bought the holiday issue yesterday and hubby and I have been trading it back and forth commenting on the articles and photos. It will be totally dog-eared by the time we're finished, every article read from beginning to end.
Hugs, Diane

harmony and rosie said...

You've managed to find yourself some beautiful trees, they both look stunning.

Alexandra said...

Liz ist das geil. Der Baum im Fenster ist eine Wucht auch ohne Lametta, bei uns gibts das übrigens wieder in den Geschäften, auch das Alte! Deine Weihnachtsdeko ist jedenfalls gigantisch, gefällt mir alles super gut. Dein TAG ist auch super klasse geworden.
Ich wünsch dir was du Liebe.
Knuddel Alexandra

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Liz!
I am in love with your room and your decorations! I could just plop myself down on that lovely sofa and tuck one of those sweet furry pillows under my head and dream while looking at your gorgeous tree and all the trimming!

Your home is beautiful.

hugs
Sissie

Romeo said...

WOW! Beautiful tags AND Christmas decorations!!!! Ah, what a fun visit I've had with you today. I don't suppose you left some milk out for me somewhere did you.....

Ah well, no matter - I still enjoyed my visit and always love spending time with you Mme. Liz!

Purrs!

Romeo

Lululiz said...

Milk, Romeo? MILK? Nothing but the finest cream for my favourite cat, lovingly ladled into a beautiful Wedgwood bowl, of course. It was right there, Romeo, under the Christmas tree, mind you, you probably missed it, lying on your back, legs up in the air, purring away whilst having your tummy scratched......

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I adore your tag! Vintage perfection:) And your house decorations look amazing.

time worn interiors said...

All your Christmas decor is lovely! I love the picture of your cottage in the header of your blog! Have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa
aka:tot

Lynn Stevens said...

Came over to see your tag and am in awe of all the beautiful decorations in your home! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Mom E. said...

I LOVE your tree topper! It matches your garland so well, and the cherubs were the perfect compliment to the garland. Yeah, gonna have to ask about that....Thanks for the link!
Lanette

Mom E. said...

AND my mom in law does the "lametta"
I think it is the same thing we call "icycles". The new ones are plastic and not anything like or nearly as pretty as the older kind. But she still has hers I think...she would lovingly place each strand, and my hubby loved it as a child. It was fun but I am too impatient to place those on a full sized tree, maybe a small one in another room....I place trees around the house, different sizes, some years more trees than others...
LOVE your home decorated for Christmas! I will have to take pictures this year!