Tuesday 19 August 2014

A French chateau and a sign which makes my heart beat faster

Over at the Our Beautiful World blog, the prompt this week is SIGNAGE. Aaaah, there is one sign which always makes my heart beat faster. Want to know what that could possibly be? LOL, if you know me and have been following for some time, then you can probably guess -


Of course you got it right, it is a brocante sign! Whether it is a sign to a brick and mortar shop or a handwritten note pointing the way to a brocante held in the street or a field, doesn't matter, it makes my heart beat faster.

And that brings me quite neatly to the next subject. We went to a brocante in Vandenesse on Sunday, and as we entered the town, I spotted this oh so pretty little chateau -

Couldn't stop to photograph it then, had to get to the brocante, lol, but we did stop on the way back. There was this huge long drive leading up to it, didn't seem private as lots of brocante visitors had parked there, so I took a little womble up to the chateau. This archway seemed to lead to the main part of the chateau, as it had a Propriete Privee notice on it -


In front of the archway, however, was a huge circular drive and to the left this enormous building which looked much more like the proper part of the chateau -

I just love the iron bands around the tower. Do you think there were really needed to hold the tower in shape :-) ?







How I love round towers! They are just fairy tale stuff -




Back to the archway to the private part of the property -

The studded doors are magnificent -

Of course I had to respect the privacy of the owners and couldn't just go through the archway, but I did have to take a quick pic, because I spotted a fabulous old zinc slipper bath by their door! -

Sometimes I wish I was a little braver and would dare to knock on the owners' doors and ask whether I could take photographs. Sigh. I am too timid.

Have a wonderful week wherever you are, toodlepip xxx

11 comments:

Ana K. said...

Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos...I am feeling like travelling with you!Hugs from Slovenia

PetraB said...

This is breathtaking. And your sign so tempting ...

Manuela said...

Beautiful shots of this little chateau.
Thanks for sharing this with us at "OBW"

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ah.... love this, thanks for linking up with us at Our Beautiful World!

Createology said...

Such a lovely Fairy Tale Chateau and how special for you to womble about and take some photos to share. Brocante Bliss...

Lyn said...

You are braver than me, I wouldn't of even got out of the car! It is like a fairy tale castle. Xxxx

JoAnne said...

Such lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing Liz.

Ros Crawford said...

What a pretty place!! I loved seeing these photos ... Thank you so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Liz...must say I had to look up the word Brocante, and doesn't anyone love to browse through much loved items. Your series of chateau photos are beautiful - those old buildings are amazing and hold so much history. Thanks for sharing with OBW, cheers Robyn

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Hi Liz, I have the picked jalapeno recipe you asked for posted at my blog, check it out!

Rhonda said...

Your adventures make me smile. I so enjoyed your post. Xxx Rhonda