Friday 13 December 2013

Keeping the postman busy

Oh, I do love it when my bloggy friends keep our postman busy. Look what he brought me yesterday afternoon, a package from Denmark, and that could only mean one thing........ it was a package from my friend Dorthe, yay! The first thing I saw when I opened the package was this -



Beautifully packaged blingy embellishments. The bag was tied up with roses, a religious medal and the letters of my name. How sweet is that?!?

Dorthe's packaging is always beautiful, so beautiful that I didn't really want to disturb anything -




Inside the package was...........

 this exquisite angel!

The details are superb, from the lovely bead embroidery -

and her wonderful halo/crown -

to her dainty wings -

Next to her in the package was a sweet little heart -


And finally, there was this stunning Christmas card -



So lovingly and beautifully made. I can't help feeling Christmassy when I am surrounded by so much Christmas cheer from my friends. Hugs and kisses to you, Dorthe!

Toodlepip xxx

11 comments:

Createology said...

Dorthe's gifts are wonderful treasures. This angel from the heart says it all about Dear Dorthe. December Delights Dear...

Mom E. said...

So, pretty, what thoughtful gifts from a thoughtful friend!
Each thing she makes is so sweet and creative!
Christmas hugs,
Betsy

Dorthe said...

Dearest Liz,
I`m so happy it arrived already to you, and that you love my angel. It just had to be an angel for you, this christmas,-- for all the beautiful gifts you send me this autumn. I treasure everyone of them, - and just posted about the latest one . Thank you for this beautiful post about the gifties from me,- you are a very dear friend and I`m so glad you like them, Liz.
Love and hugs, Dorthe

suziqu's thread works said...

From one sweet angel to another. Isn't she so gorgeous Liz with all the beautiful little details added like the beads.
From the letters of your name, medal, bag of metal elements to the dear little velvet hearts and roses.
All put together just for you because you really are special!
Friends like this in blogland are just one of those special blessings!
Sending some beautiful fragrance from our Christmas Lillies here!
Big hugs,
Suzy

May said...

Hi Liz, Such wonderful gifts from dear Dorthe, I know you will treasure these...simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- you are one beautiful lucky lady to own one of Dorthe's incredible dolls. They are exquisite beyond words. She is a true artist breathing such personality into every beautiful creation. I have 2 of her lovely dolls and I treasure them--

Merry Christmas dear Liz--
Vicki

Wilma said...

It is beautiful Liz ! All the lovely details.

Wish you a very Merry Christmas !!

Hugs, Wilma.

Rozen van papier said...

Beautiful Christmas gifts! Wish you Joyeux Noël et Bon Année!

Janny
Roses pour Toujours

Gaby Bee said...

Dear, Liz,
Dorthe's gifts are just wonderful!

Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2014!

Hugs,
Gaby

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alexandra said...

Süße ich hoffe du hattest ein tolles Fest im Kreis deiner Familie und wünsche dir einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
Hugs Alexandra