Wednesday 24 April 2013

Blissful Whites Wednesday in the French craftavan

Oh dear, panic! It is Wednesday and not a single new white thing in sight! I hadn't made anything, I hadn't bought anything white on Sunday, but I couldn't possibly miss a White Wednesday now, could I? So we set off to a town not too far from us and visited a brocante-ish sort of shop. Did I find something white to take home and show you Blissful Whites Wednesday lovers? YES, of course I did.

My most treasured find in a long time, this gorgeous bust of Notre Dame de Lourdes, oh, it is so beautiful and serene, and a lovely onyx and brass plaque of Ste Therese -












I also found this sweet little rosary. I had to get it because of the little cross, which is so unusual. Look closely and you can see that there are scenes at the ends, the Lourdes scene on one side, cathedral on the other, and there is also one at the bottom which I can't quite make out yet, because I haven't cleaned the cross -





And.............. I bought two more old Sarreguemines bowls for my craftavan. I love to fill them with all the craft bits and pieces I bring with me from the UK, so much nicer than plastic boxes. So what if they are chipped, doesn't bother me one little bit -







I am linking this post to the Blissful Whites Wednesday linky party on TIMEWASHED. Thank you Becky for hosting this much loved event!

Happy Blissful Whites Wednesday to all participants and a sunshiny and warm hello from France to you all. Toodlepip xxx



12 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh dearest Liz your Notre Dame de Lourdes is a most beautiful find,what a beauty! and I love the little plaque too.
The rosary and beautiful bowl are so lovely pieces too,- I also don`t mind a chipped piece ,when I love it!!-
I wish you many happy hours in the sun filled France and send you hugs.
Dorthe

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So beautiful and serene! And I adore your latte bowls!! Just thrilling to see the details!

Unknown said...

love..love...LOVE the StSe. Therese plaque! will it be for sale in your shop??

Salma said...

huch, ich hab gar nicht mitgekriegt, dass ihr schon wieder in frankreich seid ;)

die schüsselchen sind wirklich wunderhübsch, die hätt ich auch nicht stehen gelassen!!! :)

viel spaß noch am festland ;)

alles liebe
salma

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh my Dear Liz
How simply beautiful and blissful - both Our Lady of Lourdes and the little plaque of St. Therese! The rosary is quite special with that cross - I've never seen one like that either!
If only I could have gone with you yesterday my dear friend. I can dream of these moments!
Big warm Spring hugs,
Suzy

lynn cockrell said...

Goodness, Liz, you have found some wonderful objects. The bust and plaque are lovely. I adore the blue and white on the bowls, especially the one with the sweet birds. I agree, the chips just serve to add character and show they were not only useful, but were used as well. I have learned, over the years, that a treasure hidden away does not bring nearly so much joy as the one that is put to use and enjoyed.

Rhonda said...

J'adore Liz, J'adore! I always look forward to your posts!

Sophie said...

Wie wunderschön und wie rührend, die herrliche Büste der Maria.
Gefällt mir sehr.
Und die Schale ist so herrlich mit den Vögelchen.
herzlichen Glückwunsch zu all den schönen Dingen und viel Spaß und Freude damit.
Umarmung von Sophie xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Bonjour Liz,
such a lovely BWW post.Wishing you a wonderful time in France with lots of Brocante:)
Hugs,
Marie

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Love those bowls, Liz! Your craft bits must be very proud of themselves, being stored so sweetly ;0)
enJOY a lovely today,
Kimberly

Kadee Willow said...

Hello! You are so funny... but a great idea to go shopping for Blissful White Wednesday! I love any reason to go antiquing!! And what treasures you found.. the statue is so beautiful. And I agree~ chippy makes things all the better. Such a sweet little bowl!

Pat C. said...

Dear Liz, I'm sorry that I haven't commented in a while... my life is still in a state of upheaval... but your most recent finds have brightened my day considerably!♥ The bust of Notre Dame de Lourdes is heavenly, as is the St. Therese plaque. And I just love your precious little bowls... thank you for introducing me to Sarreguemines! xoxo