Saturday 2 June 2012

Bunting and Numbers

Shock, horror, I realised this morning that it was Saturday already and I still hadn't made my inchie and tag for this week's challenges. The good weather we are having at the moment is just too tempting, gotta be outside and enjoy it. But it is really windy this afternoon so I took myself off to the craftavan and got on with the weekly challenges.


The Tag Tuesday challenge for this week is "BUNTING and FLAGS". As I am in France at the moment, I am missing all the Jubilee celebrations in the UK, so I decided against going with the Union Jack and the colours red, white and blue, and instead stuck with my beloved neutral colour palette.

I used thick, handmade paper for the background, little pieces of a vintage French damask napkin for the bunting, a dark coloured pure French linen thread for the cord, and bits and pieces to decorate the bunting with, ie MOP button, bling, snippets of lace etc -






------------------------------
 
 The EVERY INCHIE MONDAY challenge for this week was NUMBERS. I made a little inchie number book, couldn't think of anything else. I stamped 10 inchies in different colours, almost rainbow colours, and then stamped the numbers 1 - 10 on them. And you know what took the longest time? Not cutting the inchies, not stamping the colours or the numbers, but trying to get the linen thread through the tiny holes in the corners of the inchies!






It feels good to have caught up with these challenges.

----------------------------------------- 

Hmmm, I don't know whether I showed you this bookmark before, made it a little while ago. I don't think I did, but forgive me if I have already bombarded you with photos of it, lol. I am actually using it every day. Why on earth haven't I made myself one before now? So much nicer than using bits of torn paper or worse, putting the book down open and wrecking the spine -






Have a great weekend wherever you are, toodlepip xxx


5 comments:

Denise said...

All your handiwork is so pretty-I love it.Denise

Dorthe said...

Hi dear,
and thank`s for today!
your flag tag is gorgeous Liz, so sweet with that tiny flag garland,and beautiful in the neutral colours-and the sweetest inchie book what a cute idea -your bookmark is lovely with the branch and butterfly, and I love that image :-)
Looks as if you have had some sun,watching your hand hehe.
xxx Dorthe

suziqu's thread works said...

Busy busy busy as a bee catching up on tags and inchies. I have never seen such a tiny bunting like this before- how clever you are coming up with all of these ideas! It looks great and so too the dear little inchie book.
But, of course, I love your bookmark with that beautiful image - not to mention what it is placed on!
Your attention to detail is excellent!
Enjoy your sunny Sunday dear friend
Warm hugs,
Suzy

Joy said...

Love that book mark Madam Cholet and the tag thing with bunting. Very nice.

Mom E. said...

LOVE the bookmark, Liz All of your work is so beautiful!