Thursday 3 January 2019

Baby Steps

As a first tiny little step towards making crafting part of my life again, I decided to do a little bit of avocado dyeing again. I had tried it once before, a long time ago, and the results were, errmm, not all that brilliant. But having made guacamole, I had skins and stones and didn't want to just throw them away ( no composting here, unlike at the cottage in France where we compost everything ). And this time, I was quite pleased with the result. It wasn't an earthshatteringly fabulous deep pink colour like some I have seen, but the cotton laces and the cotton/linen mix fabric turned a rather lovely blush pink. In the photographs, I have put a proper beige trim and the white laces/fabric next to the dyed ones to show that the colour really is blush pink. Yay! 






Until the next time, toodlepip xxx

9 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Your dyeing was a great success Liz, I love the soft pink!
Wishing you and your family good health and happiness in 2019!
Shane x

junemac2 said...

Lovely to see you my friend. Liz that colour is so fabulous, its precious, now you have a success on your hands I hope to see more. Happy New year

Hugs June x

Jeanie said...

I think it's pretty and such a lovely soft color! Now, what's step 2?!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Yay, great to see you again, Liz! Happy New Year! I wish you a very creative 2019 ;) The soft earthy pinks of your avocado dye, they're so beautiful. Unfortunately I'm highly allergic to avocado, so I will never be able to try this one. Bummer. Sending you hugs and love xx

Lenet said...

Owww Ilove that color, and love avocado . I must try this!

suziqu's thread works said...

Lovely to read this post again after a break dear Liz.
I love that delicate soft shell pink the avocado gave you. Hope to see it soon in a new little creation from you!!!
Many happy New Year blessings to you my dear friend!
Love and hugs,
Suzy xoxox

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Welcome back...your avocado dye is a new thing to me. I like the soft pink. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year. Hoping to partake in Kim's ATC for January. Wonderful winter weather here for January.

Dorthe said...

Dearest Liz, so lovely to see you here again, and I dearly hope to soon, see some beautiful creations from you. The materials are not far away, so no excuse there, lol-
Happy January to you and yours, my lovely friend.
Big hugs from Dorthe

Alexandra said...

Gutes Neues Jahr Süße wenn auch ein bisschen spät :) Freut mich das du deinen Blog wieder zum Leben erweckt hast :)
xoxo