Monday 3 March 2014

A few of the new brocante finds

I only managed to edit some of the pics I took, sigh. I got too busy packing, shopping for the return trip, taking the dogs to the Vet for their medical for re-entry into the UK etc. The rest will follow on Wednesday or Thursday.

Here are the ones I did edit -

A few little bits and pieces -

Amongst them this sweet broderie anglaise bow and very fine belt buckle -

No idea what this beautifully soft leather purse/pouch/thingy was for, but it is sooo tactile -

Weird shaped spoon, DH reckons its for tasting soups or gravy -

Fabulous old hospital bottles.The stall holder told me quite a lot about her grandfather, from whom these bottles came -



Love this Military Hospitals bottle -


Set of 12 boxed silver plated cake forks -

Fabric covered chocolate box -


Gorgeous antique clips -


Ornate candlestick -



Antique door finger plates -


Sundae spoons -

Beautiful bust of the Virgin Mary -


The sweetest tiniest box with the smallest nibs I have come across -

This is the most astonishing religious book, just about every single page is crammed full of tiny handwritten notes-



A few small religious items -

A really sweet plaster figure of the Baby Jesus -

Porcelaine de Paris Holy Water Font -

Such a sweet little Holy Water font -

Alabaster and porcelain Holy Water font -

The oldest religious card I have found so far, 1838 -

Huge rosary. I always thought they were monks or nuns' rosaries, but I came across a photo of a young girl's First Holy Communion and she was wearing one round her waist -


Antique spindles ( Spinning ) -

The prettiest sifter (?) spoon -


Boxed silver plated sugar tongs -


Tie back tassels - the colours are much richer and a little deeper, just couldn't get the camera to get it right -

Beautifully ornate vintage upholstery tacks -


A little box I came across contained these beautiful pieces -



and last but not least, I found a little bag full of uniform badges and stripes -


The rest will follow asap.

Hmmm, did I mention that we are going back to the UK tomorrow for a few weeks? Well, if I hadn't mentioned it before, I have now! ;-).

Toodlepip xxx




12 comments:

Createology said...

Oh Heavens I am swooning at your wonderful treasures. Each one divine and very special. Joyful...

Betsy said...

Lovely lovely finds! So many!!! Are you taking it all back with you to the UK or leaving some there to keep at the cottage? Love so much of it! the broderie anglais, and the buckle, the hand written papers are gorgeous, but that is probably something you always have! the small urse reminds me of my father's coin purse he kept in his pocket. That one looks like it was made a particular length to keep something in, though. The medicine bottles are so cool! I love my set of old cake forks like yours, and that box they are in is lovely! a Set of 12! the chocolate box, adore, and the clips are so wonderful, I could keep going on to almost everythign in the post! the "finger plates" for doors, we call push plates in the US, they are gorgeous! The religious items are gorgeous! Love that card what a fun thing to add to your collection! The antique spinkdles are so amazing! and the silver tongs and the upholstry tacks...WOW! love those. Everythign is awesome! I can't wait to see the rest!
Have a safe trip home, and you will be back to France in a few weeks after that? Will you be planting your garden then?
So much fun!
hugs,
Betsy

Rhonda said...

I think a tear just rolled down my cheek. You are so lucky to have found all these treasures. Be still my heart.

Marci said...

Love it all! Is the coin purse big enough for reading glasses? It looks longer than a coin purse. The navy stuff is gorgeous!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG I am drooling over everything! I love the religious items and the bottles are to die for!!!! What a great haul

Carol

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh wow Liz! I feel like I've just been to that Brocante with you. Everything chosen is superb! but I have my favourites - like the Virgin Mary bust,the hospital bottles, the chocolate box, the little antique clips, the superb candle holder, the brass door plates and those divine antique spindles.
I hope the packing goes well and that you have a really safe journey back home dear friend.
Fondest hugs,
Suzy

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

OMG Lizzie, You scored big time. I'm so in love with the bottles, the clips and the finger plates.
Have a safe trip home!
Hugs,
Julia

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Wonderful treasures Liz! That little leather purse is TOO CUTE for sure. Safe travels.
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly

UTKANE Z PASJI said...

Świetne znaleziska, łyżki, widelce, książka religijna i portmonetka, aż mi zazdrość:)

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz,
You had a fantastic time finding all these gorgeous pieces,...I`m sure your heart was beating very fast more than once :-)
So many things to admire, like the finger plates the spindles, the box with the nips, and the old book, the ornate candlestick and ....
It must be difficult for you, to sometimes let go and sell all this beauty !!
Hugs from me-xx

Gaby Bee said...

What a great stash of goodies you found! You did really great shopping, Liz. I especially love these clips and the gorgeous finger plates. I wish I could be with you to hunt the treasures.

Have a lovely Sunday!
Gaby <3

Alexandra said...

So wie das ausschaut hast du in France wieder die Flohmärkte leer gekauf :) Wunderschöne Sachen hast du mitgebracht und gefunden.
Wir haben hier super Wetter über 20 Grad du bist zur falschen Zeit nach England zurückgefahren.
Ich wünsch dir was ... viele hugs und knuddels
Alexandra