Monday 3 February 2014

A little bit of colour

When I make tags, for Tag Tuesday, customers or friends, I usually end up with a very neutral colour palette and fairly predictable vintage images as well. But every now and then I need to mess around with colour just a little bit.  I have all of three Alcohol Inks, three Cosmic Shimmer mist and three Distress Stains, lolol, as well as some Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens. Thats it. Ah, and a few pastel chalks. Not the biggest arsenal in the world, lol. Anyhoo, out came the paints just for a few mins of splattering, dabbing and wiping -


The distress stains were quite light really, so they needed something else. I embossed them -


Then I rubbed one of them with a little bit of gold cream -

And embellished it without a vintage image! -


And then there was the really deeply coloured background. I did use a vintage image on that one, but only a little one, and lots of other stuff, like gold leaf flakes, watch parts, and I had stamped it as well -



I wonder how long it will be before I get the colours out again.

Toodlepip xxx

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Sweet Liz,
I love your tags especially the one with the butterflies ~ so lovely!
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Marla's Crafts said...

Very pretty. You do have an eye for color. Enjoy seeing what you come up with.

Mom E. said...

Woa...now I need a tutorial on embossing....I have things to emboss with, but I have never been able to figure out how to get it just right. My hand is raised if you are offering a class!'
Hugs,
Betsy

Mom E. said...

I forgot to mention, you tags are GORGEOUS! Love the embossing and the mixed colors, so beautiful!
Betsy

Createology said...

Beautiful tags. Your colors are each soft and neutral and also vivid and dramatic. I adore them both. Coloring outside the lines Bliss...

AppleApricot Wen said...

Dearest Liz, they're gorgeous! And I'd highly recommend you (for the sake of your blogfriends and yourself) to grab those supplies more often, because what you do with the three this and thats is amazing and very inspiring. And I can only say: We Want More!!
xx