Wednesday 3 October 2012

A 'Missing White Wednesday' white post

Somehow this Wednesday morning isn't quite the same. I had always looked forward to turning on the pc and heading over to the Faded Charm blog to check out all the white loveliness and occasionally to post some beautiful whites myself. But White Wednesday is no more. So, just for me, and perhaps the ones of you who also participated in WW, I gave in to the urge to photograph something white, lol. 

I had this English wedding tiara for a very long time. I bought it many years ago at an English car boot fair. Isn't it just the most beautiful thing? Gorgeous wax flowers, tiny silvery beads, sparkly diamante, silk wraps, this is a real antique treasure. It is still very dull and grey outside, so the photos don't really do it justice -








A few sewing supplies for a little project I am working on -




Something totally different now. Kimberly from ArtJoyStuff started a new ATC swap a couple of weeks ago. The link is on my sidebar if you want to find out a bit more about it. But basically, she would like to swap one ATC per week for the next 52 weeks with a different artist each week, so that she ends up with 52 ATCs from 52 different people. I was lucky enough to be the first this week to put my hand up for the swap, woohoo, and this is the ATC I made for her -

Winter Fairy







I used some beautiful vintage Swarovski trim at the bottom of the ATC, glittered the fairy's wreath, necklace and her wings with a Gelly Roll pen, used some vintage flowers and some funky snow flakes, and a snippet of satin ribbon to pick up the colour of her wings. I hope Kimberly is going to like it.

I really don't say it often enough, I should say it every day really, thank you all so much for visiting my blog, leaving comments and keeping me going. It would be a lonely place without you gals :-).

Toodlepip xxx

12 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Liz,
I peeked! I love the ATC you created for me, funny thing is, I couldn't stop thinking about purple all day yesterday. Isn't that amazing? Your white treasures are beautiful.
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

Unknown said...

oh how i miss it too! so very, very much! it's dreadfully overcast here to day so it's hard to take photos but i plan on posting white today as well. yours are dreamy! "merci" for sharing them. sigh......

Rhonda said...

Liz, there is no reason we cannot keep WW alive ourselves. You did a fabulous job, your images look fantastic, grey skies and all.

I love your tiara - so sweet.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I miss WW also. Your post is lovely...the tiara is gorgeous!
Your little ATC is darling too.
Take care, Laura

morkaren said...

Hvor er det fine ting du viser i dag, og Liz du har så meget ret, hvis der ikke kom kommentarer på det man lagde ud ville bloggen nok langsomt dø ud. men bare rolig så længe du er så kreativ skal vi nok komme og kikke og kommenterer. knus morkaren.

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz,
OH your tiara, is the most beautiful piece ever, looks so fragile, and fairy -like ,I wonder whom once have warn this.
Love the white supplies, and the tag also,
And the one for Kimberly is just so very lovely and sweet with the flowers and eautiful bling.
How is your weather today?
xxx,Dorthe

EnchantedBella said...

Beautiful! The purple fairy card is wonderful. Happy WW
Rebecca

Pat C. said...

The tiara is exquisite! It's in excellent condition, considering its age and fragility.

I love the pics of your lace and threads, and the tag, too. Your Winter Fairy ATC is just precious!

Thank you for such a lovely post!

xoxo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Lizzie, The tiara is an amazing piece. What a great find! It's lovely that you keep up with the White Wednesday tradition. I love the milinery flowers.
Your winter fairy ATC is very cute.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Julia

Vicki Boster said...

Liz- I love your White photos-- that crown is so beautiful! Every photo is stunning! Your latest tags are amazing-- the winter fairy leaves me breathless!
Vicki

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love your Tiara....I also LOVED WW. Do you know if anyone is going to pick it up? If you find anything out let me know, OK?

Love you girl...xoR

Barbara Jean said...

I miss it too. Last week I posted anyway...and I see others did too.

Kathleen was incredible doing it all those years...
blessings
barb

Oh love your whites too. =)