Thursday 21 June 2012

Chunky bracelet

While I was unpacking another box of French brocante treasures, I came a cross one of those big monk's or nun's rosaries made from big carved wooden beads. It was broken, the cross was missing and one decade was incomplete, but the rest was still beautiful and I couldn't walk past it at the brocante. I thought it would be rather nice to make chunky bracelets with the beads, and use some of the lovely old religious medals as charms. Thats what I did this morning. And somehow, it made me feel good when I was wearing it.






Finally got all the colours in my printer replaced as well, so I could print out some more beautiful images this morning. Had to make a tag straight away, because I was still in the bracelet frame of mind -






The tag went off with this little package this morning -

Toodlepip xxx

10 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Boy I REALLY like this tag and up-cycled bracelet!! Beautiful!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

morkaren said...

Jeg kan rigtig godt lide de religiøse ting, de er smukke og fulde af stemning. knus morkaren.

Dorthe said...

Liz my dear ,
that bracelet is so beautiful. As you know, I love old rosaries ,and that you made a bracelet from one ,is a gorgeous idea. I love you added some medals, I am sure it will do you good wearing this old pearls on your arm.
And as much I love rosaries, I also love that image of Mother Mary, you used for your stunning tag.It is so very lovely, with the old laces--,a beautiful icon!
Sweet hugs and love,to you dear friend.
Dorthe,xx

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a wonderful way to salvage this beautiful old rosary. Your tag is stunning with all the vintage lace. Very nice job!

Lynn Stevens said...

Be still my heart Liz, both pieces are Gorgeous!!!!! Love how you re-purpased the Rosary!
Have a beautiful weekend!
hugs Lynn

Rhonda said...

Liz, your tag is STUNNING and I mean stunning. Your antique lace and that image, perfect together.

I'm still giggly over my purchases from your shop. Love them so much.

I sure bet wearing that bracelet made you happy..it's beautiful.

xo Rhonda

My Creative House said...

Hi Liz your bracelets is so wonderful, love the beads they are so special, this was a great idea, love your gorgeous tag.
Hugs Anni

Vicki Boster said...

Liz- totally love the bracelet idea--- a true ah ha moment!!! I think that you are the queen of beautiful tags/ this one is " to die for!". You really are amazing!
Xo
Vicki

GlassBeadArt said...

The bracelet is beautiful but the tag... it is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

that is just the tag???!! soo pretty!