Thursday 4 April 2019

I love old, really old, books

This is one of my most favourite books. It is tatty, huge, a Greek/French dictionary which is pretty useless to me, lol, but just look at it! The front and back covers are so beautifully distressed, which makes for fabulous background images, and the pages have acquired such a delicious rich cream colour and foxing. I bought it to take apart and use the pages in my ephemera packs but I can't bring myself to do it -




Looking inside the spine -



Toodlepip xxx

3 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

This is a true treasure dear Liz!
The patina, the creamed pages, the texture of it all makes it a collector's gem!
Sending love,
Suzy

Roosterhead Designs said...

Gorgeous Liz!!! I can understand why you did not want to use it; but if you change your mind, I know you could create some amazing things with these pages!! Such a beautiful patina on this one Liz. Vintage books are nice to just 'stack around' the room : ) makes me happy. Hugs to you, karen o

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I have several Too! It’s so hard to deconstruct when they look so pretty as is. Hope you are good.