Tuesday 30 May 2017

The End of an Era

I feel quite sad right now. Tonight, my Etsy shop, which has given me so much pleasure over the last 6 years, will be suspended by Etsy for non compliance with their demands to change from a Paypal Only shop ( which still accepts all credit cards through PP without a PP account ) to one which accepts the Etsy Payments system. I really don't want to go into the whole story again, but I have my good reasons for not wanting to to accept an Etsy Payments system which had and still has many problems and security issues.

So what now after 1230 sales on Etsy? Eventually, when I get back to the UK, I will grovel, bribe and charm my boys to help me set up my own website. A new adventure, yay! In the meantime, I will try my very best to be much more active on here. I had prepared some new listings to be sent from France, a couple of days before Etsy sprung their 1 month notice of suspension on me, and I will post them on here within the next few days.

I am also going to have stern words with myself every day and make sure that I post every day - yikes! - on instagram ( lacroixrosion ) and on facebook ( Liz La Croix Rosion ), gulp. Well, I will try, thats for sure, however, the mind is willing but the flesh is weak, sigh. I hope that some of my lovely customers will start following me on IG and FB and keep in touch, hopefully they will get diverted to my About Page on Etsy which has all the relevant info on it, when they try to go to my (now suspended and showing empty ) shop.

It is not the end of the world, just the end of a lovely period in my life. But hey, I am in France, in our beautiful cottage on the hill, with my DH and our doggies, growing veggies, having aperos with friends, volunteering at the animal shelter and soaking up the beautiful atmosphere and wonderful views, thats what really matters to me.

Toodlepip xxx 


4 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That's really a shame, Liz. I hope that your Etsy customers will find your new sales platforms. The jug is beautiful. I love the colors. Enjoy the time in your sweet cottage and your wonderful garden, my friend!
xo Julia

Dorthe said...

HELLO DEAR FRIEND,
Yes Suzy told me about all this, and her same desission to leave ! They should be ashamed !!
Good luck with a private web-shop , surely all your costumers will quickly find you again, Liz-
Hugs from me, and xxx

Curtains in My Tree said...


I haven't heard of this change in etsy billing? etc
You sound like you live a very charmed life in France not like me here in USA LOL

I hope your new adventure in selling is as good for you as etsy has been

Betsy said...

Glad France is treating you much better than Etsy!! Hope to get on your other platform today.