Tuesday 3 March 2015

Anything but Paper

ANYTHING BUT PAPER is this week's theme over at the Tag Tuesday blog. I love it! It gave me the opportunity to mess around with mixed media bits and pieces, metal and such. Tadaaaaa -



I started with some scrunched up and steamrollered alu foil for the background, which I coloured with various Treasure Gold waxes -


For the focal point I used a tiny frozen charlotte doll, gilded with Classic Treasure Gold. The Golden Child was then framed with one half of an antique French curtain ring ( took me ages to prise them apart ). I added all sorts of metal bits, mother-of-pearl pieces and of course some bling as well -





Toodlepip and hugs to you xxx

5 comments:

Analia Cristina said...

WOW!this is a magic tag!Really beautiful!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Oh Liz your tag is so wonderful all these lovely elements are perfectly put together - bravo.
Anni

Betsy said...

So creative.. If I did a tag with that theme, which I should for fun, I don't have a clue what I'd use as a base! You are amazing!!! I'll have to see what I come up with tomorrow. It is beautiful! Love every element you used, you pried apart the curtain ring!!! Don't you have some fun flaT rounds you could use??? I thought I saw some on a post... Like half of a grommet ... Anyway, it's gorgeous!
Brilliant!
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorthe said...

This is really a Tadaaaaaa ,tag dear Liz, a wonderful background with the foil and different colours, and fantastic with all the metal elements and the golden charlotte boy looks beautiful inside the ring .I love the piece of rosary and the tiny key!!!
Hugs from Dorthe

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Hello it's been some time since I've popped by and wonderful to see your amazing creations once again. I promise not to leave it too long next time.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com