Wednesday 28 January 2015

Going over to the Dark Side

I don't know what my muse got up to whilst on her extended vacation, but she has been whispering strange things to me ever since her return. Use colour, she says, unusual objects, don't think pretty, think dark. So it was no wonder that my tag for this week's Tag Tuesday challenge turned out the way it did. 

The theme was FEATHERS, and after rummaging through my boxes I found that the only feathers I had were shiny black ones from a feather boa. Having shown them to my muse, she immediately whispered " Dark Angel " to me. I had to obey, of course.

I used a tag I had previously covered in various Treasure Gold colours. It seemed to be a fitting background for those wonderfully shiny feathers. They became the wings of the Dark Angel, who was bound in chains of copper wire. I stamped the background in just a few places, added some texture paste dots which I glammed up with Treasure Gold and added a fragment of black millinery netting -






I hope you can see at least a little of the shiny background and the gorgeous shimmer of the feathers, it was so difficult to photograph.

Because of all the shimmery shiny goodness, I am also entering the tag in the Paper Artsy 'SHINY STUFF' challenge. That Treasure Gold stuff inspires so many ideas. I love it. Next on the TG to do list is beads......

Toodlepip xxx


8 comments:

Dorthe said...

Liz, you surely, walked a new road, -wow what a fantastic black angel , the feathers are stunning, and yes I can see the green shimmer from them,- and the wonderful background of treasure gold colours and dots. Love the wire mesh, too - A wonderful tag, dear friend.
Hugs, from me.

Diana Taylor said...

Stunning - I just love the little figure and those feathers are so beautiful - they seem to have a wonderful iridescent sheen on them - so, so lovely.

Marci said...

Very different, but I like it. Creative!

suziqu's thread works said...

Even angels have a dark side - there is yin and yang in everything Liz.
She looks like she is covered in soot. The feathers have a distinct green side to them - just gorgeous.
The pretty pink background is the light side of her.
Lovely to see you creating with so much texture. Your muse was looking for a change.
Sending hugs and glad you are feeling better than you were.
Talk soon!
Suzy

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Very cool, Lizzy! I love it! Way to go with your darker side which still is totally sweet :).
Hugs,
Julia

~*~Patty S said...

It's my first visit here and I think your tag is wonderful with such great details and those feather wings and shiny bits!
Funny my muse has been whispering froufrou to me lately lol.
oxo

Unknown said...

What a nice spin on those cute little Charlotte dolls! Unique! Love the creativity!

PaperArtsy said...

Wow its a beautiful tag! I love the spots in the background and how they pop, but your whole story is so cool! Great project!