Friday, 17 June 2011

I wasn't going to post today...............

I was going to be a good girl and spend the afternoon trying to tidy up at least a few things in my craft room. And you know what happens to the best laid plans, don't you? Well, my plans were well and truly thwarted, lol, but when I tell you why, you will totally understand.

I have to admit, I was reading a few blogs when I heard a knock on the door. I was working up to the tidying bit, honestly, just getting mentally ready. I rushed downstairs, opened the door and a smiley postman stood on the doorstep. With a small package. Whats that? I asked. For me? Really? I am not expecting anything. He smiled and said "Its a present", and it sure looked like one as it was wrapped in gorgeous toile de jouy paper. I was somewhat perplexed, so signed for the package, and took it into the family room. My husband just looked at me with that look in his eyes, you probably know that long suffering husband look, lol. I took the paper off, and there was a flat box........ I opened it................. and OMG, it was full of lace! LACE!!! I was gob smacked, speechless, I had no idea who it was from as the sender's address was obscured by a huge Parcel Delivery sticker. Can you imagine what it was like, receiving a gift like that, totally unexpectly? I carefully lifted out bit after bit of lace and oohed and aaahed, and it was only after a long while of fondling the lace, that I noticed that a letter had gotten stuck under the lid. Well, then you could really have knocked me down with a feather. This beautiful gift was from Salma, a lovely young lady living in Austria with an amazing talent for photography. Last year, she became my 200th follower and I sent her a tiny little something for that. This lovely blogger in return promptly gifted me with some wonderful treasures ( you can see them HERE ), and I have been following her blog ever since.

I couldn't believe that she had just sent me these lovely pieces for no other reason than she thought I would like them and make use of them, as she herself didn't have much time for crafting. I was so touched that she had thought of me.

I did take some photos, after the event of course, lol, you know how it goes, its far too exciting, opening an unexpected package, to remember to photograph it first.

Darn, I talk a lot, oops. But I really was such a wonderful surprise. So, without further ado, here are some hastily taken pics ( gotta get back to lace fondling ) -

The beautiful wrapping paper ( it will make lovely backgrounds )

The innocent looking box -


The contents ( this is after I had all the laces out and fondled them, and then remembered to put them back again for a pic) -


OOOOHHHHH -


Feast your eyes on these -


But that wasn't all. Under all that beautiful lace was something else -


Isn't it just gorgeous? Of course I have to take it to France and hang it up in the bedroom. Perfect.

I am still totally overwhelmed by Salma's gifts. The only drawback about blogging is that you can't hug your bloggy friends in person when you really really want to. All I can do is send Salma lots of hugs via the computer.

If you fancy spending a little time looking at some beautiful photographs, hop over to her blog HERE. I have a love/hate relationship with her food photography - I love it because her photographs are just stunning, I hate it because it makes me feel hungry, and drooly, and thats not a good look, lol. Seriously, you will drool as well when you see her food pics. Here I go, just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

I think it is too late now to start tidying, errmmm, I had better take another look at the lace and fondle it and think about what I will make with it.

Toodlepip xxx

15 comments:

sonya said...

Wow, Liz! What a wonderful surprise! I am drooling from looking at all the lacey goodness! How sweet of her to send them! And the picture is so lovely too, it will go perfectly in France!
Have a great weekend and good luck in getting your chores done! ;)
Hugs,
Sonya

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Oh - how very sweet of her. That´s an amazing gift Liz. Love everything. You lucky gal you.
Have a wonderful weekend
xo Tina

Nook & Cranny said...

OH MY GOSH, what a gift!!
Beautiful linens...
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I can't wait to see what others have created.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Florence and Mary said...

What a fabulous gift and so much the better for being a surprise!

Have a great weekend,

Victoria xx

Serenata said...

Wow, what a fabulous gift of delightful goodies, so pretty and the pictures is really sweet as well.

Now stop your drooling!

Rebecca said...

Well...all I can say is SHARE! SHARE SHARE SHARE....

:)

I'm your new best friend, right?

What an awesome gift!

xoRebecca

Kasia said...

Yes, I see what you mean about hugging your bloggy friends! I agree, and absolutely adore the lace, lucky girl! Wonderful stuff! :)

Hugs,

Regina said...

Ohhh Liz..what a wonderful surprise and thank you for sharing with all of us. It is so nice to receive something out of the blue like that and I'm so looking forward to seeing just what you do with those beautiful laces.

Hugs,
Regi

Ido said...

What a great surprise, I love surprises and specially if the surprise is lace, how nice of your blogging friend, can't wait to see what you create with all that beautiful lace.
Have a lovely weekend!
XXX Ido

marigold jam said...

Just the best sort of gift eh? Surprise and lace all rolled into one. Lucky you! Did you get any sorting and tidying done after that?

Suz said...

Oh, my gosh,
I am gobsmacked! What an incredible gift! I adore lace and that is truly some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.
I am sure enjoying your blog!
Fondly,
Suz

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

That was indeed a most wonderful surprise, Liz! How very sweet of Salma to send you those treasures. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend :-)!!!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Diane said...

All I can say, Ms. Lululiz, is with all this lace you've been finding and receiving, you better get your stitching fingers all flexed and exercised because projects are awaiting!!! Lucky girl! And the rain didn't keep you from the jumble sale! ;-) Love that pink frothy thing!
Hugs! Enjoy your stay in France!
Diane

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a wonderful surprise for you! isn't blogland amazing!?

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my Gosh, What a most wonderful surprise she sent you. Such beautiful lace and no doubt you will put it to good use.
Liz I had to giggle with your comment about the hug. I feel the same way.
Hugs Lynn