Monday, 13 December 2010

I have said it before.....

..... and I am saying it again, bloggers are the kindest, loveliest, friendliest people you'd find anywhere.

A little while ago, a new reader left me a comment saying that she had just become my 200th follower. I hadn't been paying attention, and hadn't realised. Of course I was thrilled and I thought I'd send her a little something, just as a little gesture. It really was nothing, just a pretty handmade soap in an embellished fabric bag. Fast forward to Saturday, and the postman knocked on the door, and handed me a really prettily wrapped package. I was slightly puzzled, I wasn't expecting this sort of package. And then I saw the sender's address. And it clicked. It was from Salma, my 200th follower, and that terribly bad, bad, wonderful girl had sent me a package! I couldn't believe it, what was she thinking??? I was so excited though, anybody would have been, right? Getting such an unexpected package. Oh my goodness, she might have been a new follower, but she already knew me so well! Let me show you what this very naughty girl sent me, as a little thank you, she said. Little. Hah!!!

When I took the red and white polka dot paper off, I found this beautifully embellished box. Isn't it pretty?


And just look at what was inside -



These ice skates are so dinky! Such a gorgeous ornament -


And guess where they are now? -


Yep, I hung them up on the Christmas tree in the drawing room and they look perfect there!

Then there was this cabinet card of the sweetest little darling boy -


3 vintage cookie cutters -


a stoppered glass bottle with the prettiest label -


and this, a Pixi book, which brought so many memories flooding back This is a really precious gift. My grandmother taught me to read with these little books -


She wrote me such a lovely message on a vintage postcard as well. And who is this wonderful person? Her name is Salma, and you can find her blog right here. Her blog is fabulous, full of really gorgeous photographs ( I do envy her those fantastic photographic skills, sigh ). She has such exquisite taste.

Big big thank you hug, Salma, you have given me such a wonderful surprise.

I suppose I had better get on with some housework now, eeek. Toodlepip, xxx

18 comments:

The Paper Princess said...

Your gifts are lovely! Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

What a wonderful surprise....you totally deserve! enjoy.
deb
linens lace and lattes

Salma said...

oh, i'm so happy you liked the little things!! :)

actually i was trying to turn the box into a little collage, just like you do - with all those little laces and buttons and so on... but i'm afraid i do not have your talent ;-)

anyway, i just wanted to say "thank you" for your nice present ("nothing"?!?! i love the soap - i put it on a shelf in my bathroom, and it smells soooo wonderful!!)

have a wonderful day!
salma

LissyLou said...

how lovely - i love everything esp the ice skates x

Diane said...

Kindness begets kindness, Liz. It's contagious! You deserved this. :-)
Hugs,
Diane

Green thumb said...

Fabulous pressies!
Have a lovely week!
xxx

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

What a lovely surprise, dear Liz! The ice skates are very cute. Have fun with all the goodies!
XOXO,
Julia

Serenata said...

How simply wonderful! You are lucky!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Wow what beautiful gifts. How kind of you and of course you before that.

The kindness of bloggers never fails to surprise me.

Debby said...

What a special gift!!! Everything is beautiful.
Debby

Dorthe said...

Sweetest Liz, yes bloggers are the most very kind and loving people-just like you--but uoy are a blogger too -:)
you got some lovely things-dear-love the skates, and old cookie-cutters-such a wonderfull prtesent .
Love to you-Dorthe

Sarah said...

Did you notice that she said she put the soap on a shelf?!! Hope you gave her the lecture on that one! But goodness what lovely gifts! I love those little skates and the cookie cutters are the cutest. I just wish I could find such perfect gifts for friends.

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

What a wonderfully generous, thoughtful gift!
But of course you totally deserve all that and MORE. :-)

Hugs,
Anne

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Liz,
What a wonderful surprise you received from your 200th follower. She sent you darling treasures. Yes, bloggers are the best and you so deserved to receive such a dear and thoughtful gift.
Hope you have a special Christmas.
Hugs from Texas,
Celestina Marie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
beautiful gifts you received!!
Bloggers are the best - enjoy
your treasures.Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Xela said...

Guten Morgen du Glückskind :) Du wirst es einfach verdient haben meine Liebe ;) Ich freu mich für dich mit für dein schönes Packerl aus Östereich.
Schönen Tag dir liebe Liz
knuddel Alexandra

Vicki said...

That is so sweet of Salma. She has wonderful taste. What a terrific gift. Congrats on exceeding 200!

Floss said...

That's lovely, Liz. Bloggers have been terribly kind to me too - including you!!!

I'm nearly finished writing in ly old journal, so I'm going to start the one you sent me soon (only one year late...)